Re: The sims 3 store content not showing up in game

by isainterguild

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3 store content not showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

I need some help. The store content I have downloaded is not showing up in my game. I have all the sims 3 expansions. When I install the content, it shows as installed but is not in my game, when I restart the launcher it shows as uninstalled and is still not showing up in my game. On my laptop it works fine, but on my computer with much better specs it is not working. I have reinstalled windows and all my games over and over. Still nothing. I have a brand new graphics card in and all my drivers are working correctly. Do anyone have help for me?

Message 1 of 27 (61,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I had this same problem. I'm not sure exactly what I did that fixed it (I tried multiple things). I'll walk you through the steps I took and hopefully they will work for you too  Standard smile    For (what I believe) the most likely one step solution skip to 6

1. Go into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3

2. Copy the entire Sims 3 folder and paste it at a different location (desktop etc) as a backup folder in case something goes wrong.

3. I deleted the following files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (not the backup folder). For more information about these files and the rest

of the files in this folder go to http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained 

CasPartCache.package: CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim

compositorCache.package: New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode

scriptCache.package: Mods or Hacks

simCompositorCache.package: New Sims, default skins

socialCache.package.package: Information about the social aspects (Introduced with Patch 1.31

4.  Open the Content Patch folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The SIms 3/Content Patch) and delete ContentPatch.package.

5.  Open the Download Folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Content Patch/Download) and delete all of the files ending in    .part

6.  Open the the folder DCCache just inside of The Sims 3 folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache) and delete all of the files in    

here.

7.  *I don't remember for sure if I did this or not* Delete all of the files inside of DCBackup (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup)

8.   Open the launcher and install your downloaded content slowly (5 or 6 files at a time)-  not entirely sure if the amount installed makes a difference or

not

9.   Play The Sims 3 and see if your DLC is there.

I definitely believe there are extraneous steps here, but when I was troubleshooting mine I just did a lot to be thorough and hope that it worked. I believe one of my caches was corrupted, so if yours isn't this may not work.  Hopefully this helps.

Good luck   Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 27 (67,967 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I just bought The Sims 3 + Showtime through Steam, and want to install Riverview + Freestyle DJ Booth, but they do not show up in the game, and each time I quit and open the launcher again, the items are uninstalled. I can't play on Riverview after installing either, so something is acting up. 

Message 2 of 27 (61,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got the same issue too. EA dont care and there no issues i found what works. i got the game through steam, and i had to edit the redg.. files just to get it to work with create a world tool. ive got over 9000 items for the sims but they dont show up. ive installed it though ori...... ea game launcher whats rubbish and through steam and i carnt get any one working properly. now im trying to install it and get it working through steam only but i tryed that so many times. for **bleep** sake EA, sort it out as im not the only person with these issues. the price we pay for the game and all extra content is daylight robbery, thats why im refuseing to buy any dlc untill there on discount of specal offer.

my issues so far

1, game not loading or showing downloading and installed files (game objects)

2, when i save a game then i will not load

3, so world will not load and crash the game

4, sometimes the lateist patches screw up the game what means i need to reinstal the game all over again

im thinking twice about getting sims 4 when it comes out as they carnt even get sims 3 right !!!!!!

plus EA, your a joke bringing out seasons and weather as an DLC as that should allready be in the base game !!!

just sort it out !!!!

Message 3 of 27 (61,146 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought some store items and i install the and they say success, but when i load it they arent there. When i restart the launcher it says they arent loaded. Is this getting fixed or what!? this is bull!

Message 4 of 27 (61,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. Any new advice?

Message 5 of 27 (60,953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this same problem. I'm not sure exactly what I did that fixed it (I tried multiple things). I'll walk you through the steps I took and hopefully they will work for you too  Standard smile    For (what I believe) the most likely one step solution skip to 6

1. Go into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3

2. Copy the entire Sims 3 folder and paste it at a different location (desktop etc) as a backup folder in case something goes wrong.

3. I deleted the following files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (not the backup folder). For more information about these files and the rest

of the files in this folder go to http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained 

CasPartCache.package: CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim

compositorCache.package: New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode

scriptCache.package: Mods or Hacks

simCompositorCache.package: New Sims, default skins

socialCache.package.package: Information about the social aspects (Introduced with Patch 1.31

4.  Open the Content Patch folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The SIms 3/Content Patch) and delete ContentPatch.package.

5.  Open the Download Folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Content Patch/Download) and delete all of the files ending in    .part

6.  Open the the folder DCCache just inside of The Sims 3 folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache) and delete all of the files in    

here.

7.  *I don't remember for sure if I did this or not* Delete all of the files inside of DCBackup (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup)

8.   Open the launcher and install your downloaded content slowly (5 or 6 files at a time)-  not entirely sure if the amount installed makes a difference or

not

9.   Play The Sims 3 and see if your DLC is there.

I definitely believe there are extraneous steps here, but when I was troubleshooting mine I just did a lot to be thorough and hope that it worked. I believe one of my caches was corrupted, so if yours isn't this may not work.  Hopefully this helps.

Good luck   Standard smile

Message 6 of 27 (67,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well, it works! i just have to find a few mods that went missing lol

Message 7 of 27 (60,134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah thank you so much kundalinirising! Your instructions worked perfectly~ I've been dealing with this issue since 1.55 update >< and I even tried to reinstall all my games and even removed my non-store bought CC but that did not work. It was so sad because I spent real money on store content and for it not to show up in game was starting to piss me off. but thankfully its all fixed now. :D thank you once again~ <3

Message 8 of 27 (59,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why would they put seasons in the game when that has never been part of the game.  It was an add on package for the sims 2 as well if you remember.

Message 9 of 27 (59,913 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :heart: This is seriously helped. The items are not deleting themselves from my launcer anymore. Major kudos to you!!!

Message 10 of 27 (59,721 Views)