Re: The sims 3: settings

by pricthyre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3: settings

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I've never had this problem before, until recently. My Sims 3 settings won't save.

BUT

The graphic settings are saved and don't change everytime I load my game.
But all the other settings change everytime, such as age setting, if I want the "teaching-system" on etc.

It is so frustrating, because I have to change it back everytime I want to play my game ..

So, how do I save it/fix it?
Message 1 of 11 (8,041 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi again @pricthyre,

Let's try something different then Wink

Do you remember if by default (when the changes are reset) the aging is enabled or disabled? If you don't, open the game and check. Then, follow these instructions:

1. Close the game if you have it open
  2. Open with Notepad the options.ini file you will find in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3
  3. Look for the option 'enableaging'. If the option is set to 1, change it to 0. If the option is set to 0, change it to 1.
  4. Save the changes to the file and close Notepad.
  5. Open the game again.

Did the aging change in game?

Then close the game again and open the options.ini file again. Is still 'enableaging' as you had set it?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (8,720 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@pricthyre Is your computer a pc or mac? Are you the administrator of the computer?

Message 2 of 11 (8,033 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's a pc and it's the administrator
Message 3 of 11 (8,027 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @pricthyre,

Those settings are saved in the options.ini file you can find in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3. Is there any program which could be modifying that file? (OneDrive, for example)

-Mai

Message 4 of 11 (8,018 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do have OneDrive yes ..

What should I do about those programs?
Message 5 of 11 (8,013 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @pricthyre,

Don't worry, it's not a problem, we just need to make sure OneDrive is not making changes to anything in The Sims 3 folder that's inside Documents \ Electronic Arts. Could you open OneDrive's settings and make sure The Sims 3 folder is not being synchronized?

If you are not sure how to do this, there's an easy test we can make to find out if this problem is related or not to OneDrive:

1. Close OneDrive (its icon is usually near the clock in Windows' taskbar)
  2. Open your game, change the settings.
  3. Close and load your game again, as you would usually lose your changes to the settings.

Were the changes saved this time, even after you reloaded your game?

-Mai

Message 6 of 11 (8,006 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried the test and the changes didn't save :/
Message 7 of 11 (7,999 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again @pricthyre,

Let's try something different then Wink

Do you remember if by default (when the changes are reset) the aging is enabled or disabled? If you don't, open the game and check. Then, follow these instructions:

1. Close the game if you have it open
  2. Open with Notepad the options.ini file you will find in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3
  3. Look for the option 'enableaging'. If the option is set to 1, change it to 0. If the option is set to 0, change it to 1.
  4. Save the changes to the file and close Notepad.
  5. Open the game again.

Did the aging change in game?

Then close the game again and open the options.ini file again. Is still 'enableaging' as you had set it?

-Mai

Message 8 of 11 (8,721 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for the help btw 😅

I changed it from 1 to 0, so when I loaded the game afterwards the aging had been disabled and the age settings had gone back to standard (it changed, because I had it on long)

So I closed the game as you said and checked the option and the enableaging was on 0, as I had changed it to before :o

No clue what this means though but yeaa
Message 9 of 11 (7,986 Views)

★★★ Novice
I opened my game again and it didn't change! :D it's fixed, thank you so much!
Message 10 of 11 (7,970 Views)