Re: The sims 3 brightness issue

by thomas4044

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 3 brightness issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey

Recently I was playing The Sims 3 on my new PC and I minimized the game to check on a download. When I clicked back onto the game it was all of a sudden extremely dark, so I saved and relaunched the game, this did not solve the issue. Ever since whenever I load the game, from the main menu, the loading screen, the gameplay, everything is extremely dark. This is only in fullscreen mode, and I dislike playing in windowed mode as I have to run it in a higher resolution and find it hard to see what I am doing. It is not my graphics card as before this happened I was running the game completely maxed out. I have a AMD CPU and GPU, if that helps. Is there a fix? 

Edit: My brightness settings are all set correctly since other applications and games work fine. 

My specs are:

AMD FX 4170 Quad Core @ 4.4Ghz

ATI Radeon HD 6670 2GB DDR3

8GB RAM

Windows 8 (I run it with compatability mode set to Windows 7)

Message 1 of 11 (31,354 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I totally forgot about this thread since I went into one of those "I can't be asked to play this glitched to hell game" moods for a few weeks, lol. I haven't fixed it. I think it is down to corrupt saves. I am currently reinstalling the game and expansion packs completely, removing all custom content and saves as well. I will update you on whether or not this fixes it Standard smile

Update: The fix to this problem is reinstalling the base game completely and removing all custom content, saves, etc. I believe the cause is running programes like Xfire, Fraps, etc. I launched the game with Xfire enabled and had the issues again and then closed Xfire and relaunched the game and didn't have any issues.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (33,390 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This might be a Windows 8 issue. 

Are you graphic drivers updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (31,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, 100%. It was working fine before it happened. I've heard that others have had this issue with different operating systems but there is not a solution.

Message 3 of 11 (31,333 Views)

Hero

I don't really have a solution for this. It's a little too much on the hardware side for me.

Do you have any troubles in other games ?

Maybe someone else has other ideas.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (31,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nope. I have over 30 PC games and not a problem with any of them.

Message 5 of 11 (31,323 Views)

Hero

I really hope someone else has an idea, cause I don't Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (31,316 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm not suggesting it but maybe re-installing your games (sims 3 only) could be a good idea? Just to see what happens?

Message 7 of 11 (31,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Good news, the brightness issue is solved! Bad news, I have another issue that deems the game unplayable (well, the expansion packs at least). In order to play any expansion pack past Late Night, I have to patch the game through the launcher. Well, the launcher isn't working. I click onto it and it straight away comes up with not responding and crashes. I can run the game direct through C:\blah blah\blah\blah blah blah\ The Sims 3\Game\Bin and clicking the TS3 application. But I cannot play any EPs past LN which is annoying considering the fact both ST and SN were £60 combined. Has anyone got a fix for this? Because I cannot find one and apparently reinstalling everything does not work.

Message 8 of 11 (31,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, may I ask how did you manage to resolve the brightness issue? I am facing the same and don't have any idea what to do with it. Thanks!

Message 9 of 11 (31,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I totally forgot about this thread since I went into one of those "I can't be asked to play this glitched to hell game" moods for a few weeks, lol. I haven't fixed it. I think it is down to corrupt saves. I am currently reinstalling the game and expansion packs completely, removing all custom content and saves as well. I will update you on whether or not this fixes it Standard smile

Update: The fix to this problem is reinstalling the base game completely and removing all custom content, saves, etc. I believe the cause is running programes like Xfire, Fraps, etc. I launched the game with Xfire enabled and had the issues again and then closed Xfire and relaunched the game and didn't have any issues.

Message 10 of 11 (33,391 Views)