The phone won't pop-up after clicking on the icon, but it makes the sound

by Biblophiliagrl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The phone won't pop-up after clicking on the icon, but it makes the sound

★★★★★ Novice

I can click on the phone icon next to the home icon on the bottom menu of my sims game, it makes the sound, but the menu isn't popping up on the screen. I've tried removing my CC and updating all my mods, but still, nothing is happening. I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 4 (863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The phone won't pop-up after clicking on the icon, but it makes the sound

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Biblophiliagrl 

Please try moving your Mods folder to your desktop and delete the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder or file in the "'The Sims 4' folder with the word 'cache' in the title. Then re-enter the game and the game will make a fresh Mods folder. See if the issue is gone.

If this fixes the situation you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which one(s) were causing the issue. If you have many mods/CC you can re-add/troubleshoot via the 50/50 method. (By dividing them in half, testing half of them as a group, and if the issue is still there try with half of that half, etc., until you have found all of the Mods/CC that are causing the problem.)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (850 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Biblophiliagrl 

Please try moving your Mods folder to your desktop and delete the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder or file in the "'The Sims 4' folder with the word 'cache' in the title. Then re-enter the game and the game will make a fresh Mods folder. See if the issue is gone.

If this fixes the situation you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which one(s) were causing the issue. If you have many mods/CC you can re-add/troubleshoot via the 50/50 method. (By dividing them in half, testing half of them as a group, and if the issue is still there try with half of that half, etc., until you have found all of the Mods/CC that are causing the problem.)

Message 2 of 4 (851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Thank you, it works now!
Message 3 of 4 (834 Views)

Champion

@Biblophiliagrl I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for letting us know! 

Message 4 of 4 (829 Views)