The game freezes after 15 minutes in game

by FreeToBeMae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game freezes after 15 minutes in game

★★ Apprentice

I recently completed my The Sims 4 collection and finally have all of the games, but since installing, my game freezes for no reason. It works fine before it freezes; it's fast and works like normal, but then all of a sudden out of nowhere, it freezes for no reason. Then I'm forced to "end task" via Task Manager. I'm so frustrated because did I just spent all this money on a game that doesn't work? And I've just bought this computer 4 months ago and it was playing fine for all that time until I installed the games last Tuesday. One odd quirk I've noticed is that it doesn't affect CAS. CAS works fine without interruption. Only once, did it give me trouble. Another odd quirk is that my 0,1,2,3 time control keys don't work in game. I'm sure that's unrelated, but just in case.

By the way, I've tried a couple of things:

1. I've updated my drivers.

2. My computer is not overheating.

3. Even with all other apps closed, it still freezes.

4. Tried different households, it's all the same.

5. I've tried restarting my computer and the game several times, it's doesn't help.

6. I have ample space left and enough RAM.

I don't know what to do. Hopefully someone can help. Why am I the one who always have the weirdest problems?

Message 1 of 5 (614 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game freezes after 15 minutes in game

★★ Apprentice

Well, it took me about four days to do a lot of research and although I do believe that my GPU is weak and somewhat to blame, I kind of felt that something else was going on. The game was working perfectly and then it randomly freezes. That doesn't sound right, plus it was working perfectly before I installed those new packs. It just seemed fishy. So I started trying new things, see if that worked, try something else, see if that helped, etc. So it turns out I had a mod that was partially causing the problems. Also, I un- and re-installed my game and that helped tremendously. It still does freeze from time-to-time, but it's not frequent and it recovers, mostly when I'm traveling or the game is loading.Thank goodness! So now, I don't have to head out to task manager and "End Task" every 15 minutes. I didn't have to change my settings either, they are the same as always. Although, I have entered laptop mode for safekeeping/superstitious reasons.

Thanks for all your help and leading me on the right path. *thumbs up emoji*

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (553 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@FreeToBeMae  Let's start with some basic questions. Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag  and attach the txt file to the paper clip in the lower right of the response window. Do you have mods in the game?

Message 2 of 5 (602 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's a PC. Yes, it does have mods.

Message 3 of 5 (597 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@FreeToBeMae
Your integrated graphic chip card is a little too weak to work well with Dogs and Cats or Seasons. If you install these games, the computer requirements will be increased, especially for graphics cards.
Check here for the requirements for these games
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...
Another reason may be out-of-date mods, but I rather think it's a graphics card.
To eliminate the problem with mods move the mods folder to desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file and fix game in Origin.
Check if you still have this problem.
If the problem persists, lower the graphics settings in the game options to a minimum. and try to play in windowed mode. However, there is no guarantee that it will enough.
I don't work for EA
Message 4 of 5 (586 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, it took me about four days to do a lot of research and although I do believe that my GPU is weak and somewhat to blame, I kind of felt that something else was going on. The game was working perfectly and then it randomly freezes. That doesn't sound right, plus it was working perfectly before I installed those new packs. It just seemed fishy. So I started trying new things, see if that worked, try something else, see if that helped, etc. So it turns out I had a mod that was partially causing the problems. Also, I un- and re-installed my game and that helped tremendously. It still does freeze from time-to-time, but it's not frequent and it recovers, mostly when I'm traveling or the game is loading.Thank goodness! So now, I don't have to head out to task manager and "End Task" every 15 minutes. I didn't have to change my settings either, they are the same as always. Although, I have entered laptop mode for safekeeping/superstitious reasons.

Thanks for all your help and leading me on the right path. *thumbs up emoji*

Message 5 of 5 (554 Views)