Re: The game failed to save error

by playerVShobbies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game failed to save error

★★★ Novice

Playing a Legacy Challenge and bugs are getting more frequent in my saved game. First child from Founder just aged up to young adult.  Founder is four days away from being an Elder.

Tonight my Conversation Panel at the top of the screen stayed even though Sims left for work.

Later Sims would attempt to eat at table, but then teleport to standing beside table.  Could not get them to eat at the table.

Went to save game and error code popped up no matter if I did a regular Save, Save As overwriting the original file or a Save As and naming a new file.

Went to Manage World to back up my family and my house.  Pressed Play to go into Live mode, house had reverted to an earlier state, but Sims skills, jobs and ages were the same as before going to Manage World. Sim cash balance was at state it was after the purchase in the home I had made, but items were no longer in my home.  Astronaut Sim had crashed her ship, but ship was back to repaired state.

All Sims in the household were on the street in front of home after returning from Manage World screen.  Sim who was at work was standing on street as well, but UI still had him greyed out like he was at work.  He then went to sleep in his own bed before I saved one last time and quit game to report this issue.

Screenshot of error code here:

Error Code

Message 1 of 6 (5,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
Thanks, I saved family and house to library. Started new game with saved family. Chose empty starter lot and got the initial loading screen. Loading screen terminated and I got an error that said game could not load.

I restarted with a new family and have been clearing caches between play sessions. I play in offline mode now as well. New family hasn't had any bugs so far.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,059 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Exact same thing happening to me!

Message 2 of 6 (5,397 Views)

Hero

So you get Error 529

Saw a few threads on that and it seems to be solvable by going to a different lot and save there. Not sure if that will unbug your lot though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (5,377 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks, I saved family and house to library. Started new game with saved family. Chose empty starter lot and got the initial loading screen. Loading screen terminated and I got an error that said game could not load.

I restarted with a new family and have been clearing caches between play sessions. I play in offline mode now as well. New family hasn't had any bugs so far.
Message 4 of 6 (6,060 Views)

Hero

Good to hear.

Could you please accept a solution so people know that this is solved and what the solution was.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (5,347 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this exact same problem now but rather than an error starting with 529 its 526. Going to another lot does not fix the problem. Someone please help! 

Message 6 of 6 (5,287 Views)