The game failed to load - Error Code 123:28b6ee3b:c3fb4f04

by danielaloule

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game failed to load - Error Code 123:28b6ee3b:c3fb4f04

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there!

Today (after I installed Tiny Living), I went ahead and enter the Sims 4. I moved a Sim Household from a apartment in the Fashion Area to the "Fancy and Rich" Area, and as I try to enter live mode to play with the Household, the message "The game failed to load. Error Code: 123:28b6ee3b:c3fb4f04. It is recommended that you relaunch the game. pops on my screen. I tried to search if anybody had this error code, but I just can't find anyone asking for a solution for this situation (even when I put the error code numbers on the google search bar, it says it has no results).

Thank you in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 14 (6,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The game failed to load - Error Code 123:28b6ee3b:c3fb4f04

★★★ Novice

Hello! Sorry for the delay. I tried bulldozing from the build mode and it went fine. I guess the problem was really bulldozing from the pop-up window before going onto live mode. Thank you!!!

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (5,918 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@danielaloule  I can't find anything either with the exact same numbers in the error code; but many times it is mod and CC causing the error codes. The first step should be to create a new folder, and repair the game in Origin.

Detailed description here:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Let me know if I need to elaborate, and also if it works.

Message 2 of 14 (6,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Thanks for the help, I'll try that as soon as I get home.

The thing that confuses me is that it doesn't happen every time I load into a live mod on a Household. It happen for the first time the momento I tried to move my Household to the 888Spire Apartment. The only thing I did was bulldoze the lot (so I could build on it from scratch). 

Anyway, I'll give news soon after I try that method.

Message 3 of 14 (6,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@danielaloule  Thank you for the extra information, I could replicate the issue:

I made a new folder, and moved a sim to Bargain Bend, Willow Creek, gave them money with motherlode, and moved them into 888 Spire Apartments, San Myshuno. Then went to build mode, bulldozed the lot, saved and exited. When loading the save I got the same error message as you:

error code 123.png

I did not get the error message when, instead of bulldozing from within build mode when my sim was on the lot, I chose the option "Bulldoze lot" from the move pop-up window; or when bulldozing the lot before I moved my sim there. How and when did you bulldoze the lot?

Message 4 of 14 (5,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

I picked the bulldoze option on the pop-up window as we move the household onto the apartment (instead of doing it on build mode). And as I click (after I picked the options) to enter on live mode, it appears the error code.

Message 5 of 14 (5,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@danielaloule  Thank you. I tried that, but nothing went wrong then. But it was in a new folder, and that might contribute.

It is possible something went wrong when bulldozing. Do you have older saves to go back to, before the move? Let me know if you don't.

I would suggest loading that save, and then go to Manage World/Map View, and bulldoze the 888 Spire Apartment from the Build Mode option available there, and possibly refurnish it too, as you wish. Then Save As, exit the game, delete the caches in The Sims 4 folder, and load your family; and this time choose the option Furnished/Unfurnished in the move pop-up window. Let me know how it goes.

Message 6 of 14 (5,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! Sorry for the delay. I tried bulldozing from the build mode and it went fine. I guess the problem was really bulldozing from the pop-up window before going onto live mode. Thank you!!!

Message 7 of 14 (5,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@danielaloule  Oh, I am glad it worked out! Let me know if it happens again.

Message 8 of 14 (5,903 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried bulldozing both ways and it still wouldn't work, but I moved the family to a different apartment and that worked fine. 

Message 9 of 14 (5,818 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@abuelaohaha  

I just read this in the patch notes to update 04/07/2020 - PC: 1.62.67.1020 / Mac: 1.62.67.1020:

City Living

• Bulldozing 888 Spire Apartment lots should no longer result in error code 123:28b6ee3b.
    • We hope it does not result in error code: 123:456789abcde
      • We are fairly certain it should not result in error code: 8675-309
        • And under no circumstance should error code 42 occur.

They are so jokey :D But does that mean it can work for you now?

Message 10 of 14 (5,619 Views)