Re: The game doesn't start

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game doesn't start

★★ Novice

Like, it starts, but never loads, and closes itself before doing so, it has to be something with the cc, but how do I know which part of it is causing the trouble?

Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @heartlesswitch 

CC and Mods are known to cause this issue, it's up to the cc maker to keep them updated for any Sims Update and new Packs. So when we use them, it also requires a fair bit of maintenance to keep your game running well.

Tips to find the culprit cc corrupting the game >> 

Spoiler

I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads fairly quickly)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it
    • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack
    • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac
    • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, but not 'better than' culling your cc 50/50 (but only for Windows not Mac) as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. It will detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

I also made a post recently on >> finding broken cc here << which may have a few more points.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (235 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @heartlesswitch 

CC and Mods are known to cause this issue, it's up to the cc maker to keep them updated for any Sims Update and new Packs. So when we use them, it also requires a fair bit of maintenance to keep your game running well.

Tips to find the culprit cc corrupting the game >> 

Spoiler

I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads fairly quickly)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it
    • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack
    • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac
    • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, but not 'better than' culling your cc 50/50 (but only for Windows not Mac) as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. It will detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

I also made a post recently on >> finding broken cc here << which may have a few more points.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 2 (236 Views)