The adults in household are already traveling...but they aren't

by Jhayzmine

Original Post

The adults in household are already traveling...but they aren't

★ Novice

I received the opportunity for a free vacation for the adults in the house. I clicked yes, but the adults never left for this vacation. Now their portraits are grayed out and it says they are traveling. When I try to go on vacation the option for "travel" is also grayed out and when you rollover it says "the adults in this household are already traveling", but they are not. When a new sim ages up to an adult they acquire the error.

I have scoured the message boards and no one seems to have a resolution.

I have tried moving the family to another house, resetting the sims, overwatch, and errortrap. Nothing has worked and I would like to send my sims on vacation. Anyone have any luck resolving this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (25,101 Views)

Re: The adults in household are already traveling...but they aren't

Hero

Yeah, that's a known bug. I never let my Sims accept that opportunity.

I'm surprised though thte OW and ET don't solve the issue for you. 

Can you save the family to the library and then place them in a new game ? You'll loose all relationships with other Sims but your family might be saved with that. Don't know if it works though.

If that does not work I would suggest posting at Twallan's wiki if he can think of a reason why OW and ET don't do their job.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (25,032 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seriously? Thanks for the warning. I won't accept that in the future!

Thanks. :catsurprised:

Message 3 of 7 (25,026 Views)

★★★ Novice

I moved my active family out (not with house, just move out) and when it cancelled all interactions in town it seems to have done the trick ... my sim can now go to college!!

Hope this helps someone! Standard smile

Heather

Message 4 of 7 (24,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@uroica wrote:

I moved my active family out (not with house, just move out) and when it cancelled all interactions in town it seems to have done the trick ... my sim can now go to college!!

Hope this helps someone! Standard smile

Heather

To clarify, you need to go into "Edit Neighbourhood" and move out that way. Just moving house won't work. You should get a warning that this will cancel any wishes and interactions. Click yes, that is what you need to do.

I can enroll my sim in University, but travel in World Adventures is still broken.

It now says "Due to unexpected circumstances, travel plans had to be cancelled. You'll receive a full refund"

Message 5 of 7 (19,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

To fix World Adventures, I made a copy of my household and then placed the copy back into the Neighbourhood. Obviously, this is a huge pain that is best avoided if possible. Free vacations, just say no!

Message 6 of 7 (18,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just figured out how to do itStandard smile))) *sims friends ands wishes will be gone but their skill and achievements will still be there*
Go to edit town
Click on your active sims house and copy house hold to the clipboard
Go to the main menu and click a new game
You sims will be on the clip board when you start the new game
Now you can place your sims any where in that town and play with them
When I did that the traveling bug was totally gone and my sims when to college and FranceStandard smile
Message 7 of 7 (18,695 Views)