Re: The Sims won't launch

by IMIVY92

Original Post

The Sims won't launch

★★ Novice
So.. I've just bought the sims 4 on my laptop like a week ago or something and I haven't been able to actually play the game because it just won't launch. The first problem I had was not the game itself but I couldn't download origin. I don't know why, but it just opened a white screen saying: "sorry, the webpage can't load" or something. Fine, so I googled a lot and found an older version of origin and it worked! But then I came across another problem and that is that I can't launch the sims 4 Frown I don't know why but maybe it's because origin is an older version. The game has a hard time loading and when it does it just opens and close again with a black screen and then I'm on my desktop again where an error pops up saying that origin isn't running, which it is. I've logged in and out. Uninstall and reinstall again and again. Did that with origin too. Contacted support but they said stuff that I had already done. No firewall or anti virus is blocking anything, I've turned them all off, including turned them off in configurations and restarted my laptop. Did a cccleaner scan too. There's just no luck for me and I just want to play :'(
Message 1 of 8 (408 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I had a problem as well, it´s the first time since I got the game in 2014. I started searching and it seems like a lot of us have the same trouble after the updated patch on Sep/12/2017 I tried to repair the game but it doesn´t work, the problem occurs with the base game. I made a report from Origin so I hope they answer. Don´t quit on The sims, things like these happen.  

Message 2 of 8 (392 Views)

★★ Novice
Really? Why ain't they responding to the complaint :o well I've had the problem since last week so the problem must have been there for a while :/
Message 3 of 8 (381 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Note I also never had problems with the sims on my other laptops and they were older and slow and they ran 3-4 pretty fine, even with expansions packs. This laptop I have now is an Alienware with a lot of disk place. So it's pretty odd that the game somehow won't work 😔
Message 4 of 8 (376 Views)

Hero

Hi @IMIVY92 and  @katica_323

are you both on outdated Origin version ? 

Are you still getting errors on the newest one: https://www.origin.com/deu/de-de/store/download ?

What OS are you both using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (363 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict

My origin is always updated but it seems like the firewall didn´t let me install the updated files from the sims. All I did was deactivated the firewall while I click on "Repair" on sims and it worked!!

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8 (352 Views)

★★ Novice
I uninstalled origin and followed you link. It's still the same problem :/
Message 7 of 8 (344 Views)

Hero

Glad that worked

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (343 Views)