Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The Sims Helpers Corner - A place for helpers to talk

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims Helpers Corner - A place for helpers to talk

[ Edited ]
Hero

crinricthelp2.png

This is not for asking questions about the game or anything. This is for the Helpers ONLY

Hi and welcome all helpers.

This thread is for picking each others brains and ask for help if you're stuck with a case. 

If you are totally new to AnswerHQ, please head over to the AHQ-Academy to find out what helping out here is all about. 

Trennlinie

I want to make sure we can all provide the best help to user we can. Helping is not a competition so working with each other is way better than against each other. Standard smile

So what can this thread be used for ?

• I for one try to not answer threads that have answers from others until they say they don't know any further (I don't always do it when I know a sure answer right away but mostly), so I think it's good if we can post a link in here saying that we're stuck and get someone else to help out cause we all know that 80% of the issues don't get accepted as solved although they are. Because of this many threads go unchecked by someone else if helpers see that a person has help.
  • It's also important that you keep up with your cases. Once you were the first to answer, it becomes 'your case', so make sure you either subscribe to it so you get an email when there's an answer or make sure to check back otherwise. It's important not to leave the user hanging. If you can't do that for whatever reason, you can let us know here, so others can step in if the user came back to answer.
  • Please do familiarize yourself with the most common solutions (aka, please read the stickies)
  • We can also share tips in here how we go about answering and troubleshooting.
  • Any complaints are welcome of course too if someone feels that they are being stepped on their toes or something 
  • There HAS to be the occasional chit-chat and cake.
  • If you have any questions regarding the Hero program or anything else, this (or the academy) is the place to ask.
  • Heroes have certain powers when it comes to moderating. For one we can edit post so please if you see someone trolling or posting personal information in their posts, such as address, email, passwords or serial codes, please PM any community manager or hero so they can remove the info. It's best to not post it in here as to not draw any attention to the post. You can also just hit the report button.
  • If you see threads that need moving to a different forum, please also report those or PM a hero or a CM.

That said, again, welcome all and happy helping. Heart

Thank you very much to SimsCommunity for creating the awesome banner.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 89 (16,566 Views)

Re: The Sims Helpers Corner - A place for helpers to talk

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Sashas0nic @jpkarlsen @AB_928Z @Tremayne4260@puzzlezaddict @PugLove888

Starting next week, AHQ will be the dedicated place for tech and bug issues so we'll be seeing (hopefully) a lot more traffic.

Timing is a bit bad as a few of us Heroes will be at Gamescom. While I myself will be checking as time allows, I will be mostly busy.

You guys don't need to worry about the bug forum at all. EA Staff and myself will keep an eye out for emergency issues and I will take care of it when I'm back. 

If you see any threads that need moving or editing or locking, please hit the report button so it can be taken care of.

Please try to keep our good atmosphere by helping them out if needed and be nice. Show them how it works here and even point them to this thread so they can ask questions if needed.

As I'm bound to have open cases when I leave, feel free to answer in those threads while I'm gone and can't follow up.

If you have any concerns with the new system, you can PM @EA_Mage about it as she is responsible for AHQ and the EA Forums and can give you advise. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tagging @Bluebellflora @Phantomlover1717 @EA_Mai @fons_garmo and @roberta591 for awareness. 

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 89 (3,768 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Have fun at Gamescom. I will do my best to help out as always.

Message 3 of 89 (3,756 Views)

Champion

No problem. Been keeping an eye on the Sims Forum myself and trying to remind people that all help will be transferring soon. Been checking here too, but everything seems to be under control for the most part. 

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 4 of 89 (3,736 Views)

Hero

I've also decided to do some spring cleaning and have made a new thread for us.

Well, technically, the first post is the same but I changed some stuff and removed everything but the newest posts.

Enjoy the fresh clean Helpers Corner ... awaiting new helpers

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 89 (3,695 Views)

::glances around::  I was wondering why the place looked so different.

The impending transition won't affect me nearly as much as it will most of you, but I still wanted to say hello and welcome to any new helpers who might wander into the Sims Mac section, or even Sims 3.  New contributions are always appreciated, especially if anyone else is still playing TS3 and wants to pitch in.  Crinrict's guidelines for providing good help are excellent principles in any Sims section of AHQ.

Speaking of guidelines, with all the old posts gone, we appear to be forgetting something important.  What kind of hosts would we be if we didn't offer the newcomers some cake?  Triple chocolate mousse seems like an appropriate welcome.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 89 (3,666 Views)

Champion

I still play Sims 2, 3 and 4. (Blesses Aspyr for Sims 2). Really, really wish EA/Maxis would give Sims 3 for the Mac to Aspyr and the rest of Sims 2. But *sigh* probably will never happen. Oh, and Sims Medieval as well. However, my Sims Medieval was never registered on Origin and plays just fine without it. 

Message 7 of 89 (3,640 Views)

Champion

Oh, something I just noticed. Yesterday, I had 200 XP and today I have 165 XP. ????? What happened? Why did I lose XP? I think I should have 202 with the XP I received today. 

Any help?

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 8 of 89 (3,614 Views)

Community Manager
*Stares at @puzzlezaddict's cake*

@Tremayne4260 - I suspect you received the missing XP on the previous Helpers corner thread. With it being removed, that would explain the drop. I'll check tomorrow if that's the case and let you know for sure.

If you go to your profile, and you open 'Public stats', what's the number of kudos you see in there?

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 9 of 89 (3,608 Views)

Champion
It says I have 165, but I think you are right with the reason the XP dropped.
Message 10 of 89 (3,591 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help