The Sims 4

by REM6U

Original Post

The Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

i am so sick and tired of how my sims keep freezing and not responding to commands or moving at all. I’ve tried everything, i’ve used the reset cheats, removed mods, made a new sims folder and all, repair game, even deleting and redownloading the whole game and the origin app too. nothing works, i can’t keep losing all my saved progress and starting all over. what can i do? i really hope you would look into that problem and fix it. 

Message 1 of 4 (174 Views)

Re: The Sims 4

Hero

Hi @REM6U

Could you give us some more info 

• Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.
  • Which expansion packs do you own ?
  • Does it come back right away after starting a new save or does it take a while ?
  • Do you play large or small households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've attached my DxDiag file. 

I only own the Pets Expansion Pack (Cats and Dogs) and obviously the free Holiday Celebration Pack.

Once the sims freeze there's no going back, i have to start a new game. no matter how many times i close and reopen the game they are immediately frozen.

It happened to me when i had a big household and its happening now even when i own just one sim.

Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)

Hero
Hi @REM6U both your graphics chip and your graphics card are a bit low in specs. What settings are you playing on ?

Also try updating your Nvidia drivers and make sure the game uses the card and not the chip.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)