Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 video card error

★★★ Newbie

I've tryed but it doesent work!! 

Message 91 of 303 (8,699 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

I had that exact same problem, but I figured how to fix it.

First, go to your Control Panel, then search Device Manager. Click on that, then find the thing that says, 'Display Adapters'. When you do that, it shows you your Graphics card and Video Card. Right click them both and click Update.

Then click search for software. After a while, it will download and you'll need to restart your PC. Then it will work.

Hope this helped Standard smile

Message 92 of 303 (8,642 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Everything was working fine last time I played but now it won't work. It has been a while since I played and I just re-downloaded the game but it's still the same computer I used to play on. Not sure what to do as all the suggestions I'm seeing aren't working for me. And I don't know enough about computers to fix it on my own... I did the dxdiag so hopefully someone can give me a pointer as to what I should do now. I tried updating my driver for my card but that's giving me an error too... 

Message 93 of 303 (8,602 Views)

Hero

There's no video card showing in your DxDiag. The computer is also too low in specs.

Try reinstalling your graphics drivers on whatever card/chip you actually have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 303 (8,598 Views)

★ Novice
I found a way to reinstall the driver. I thought it looked like their wasn't one installed when I looked at it but wanted to post it anyone in case someone saw something I didn't. Thanks for your help!
Message 95 of 303 (8,594 Views)

Hero

So it's working now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 303 (8,588 Views)

★★ Novice

how do you run a check to see if you meet the minimum requirements?

Message 97 of 303 (8,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There is two reasons for this error

• Issue with Origin in Game
  • Your graphics drivers are outdated
  • You have a dual graphics card system
  • Your card doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game

Solutions you can try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 303 (137,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

{So I have the famous Graphics card issue.. which is strange because I'm using a Titan.

The file in the Sims 4 "graphicscard file" says the Titan is compatible so I don't know what is wrong, I recently upgraded to windwos 10 so maybe there lays the problem?

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2jSXZEsn}

Edit*: I resolved the issue by restarting my computer, I noticed all my origin games gave the exact same problem, even those which worked fine before. 

There was a problem created by a steam game in which it didn't recognize my Graphics card.

Message 99 of 303 (8,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem

here is my DxDiag http://pastebin.com/zW1iu87a

please help

Message 100 of 303 (8,505 Views)