The Sims 4 video card error

by Kristin9898

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 video card error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I purchased the premium version of the game, I had no issues with loading Sims 3, 2, or deluxe edition but suddenly my video card doesn't meet the minimum requirements? I'm not certain if I'm looking at the right thing, but it says my video card is Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, it's the original video card on my HP Pavillion, am I expected to purchase a new video card just to play the game? If this is the case I would like a refund which Walmart has already refused to do.

Unable to start:

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[oe61221:1df4e8dc:0000000]
Message 1 of 303 (190,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 video card error

[ Edited ]
Hero

There is two reasons for this error

• Issue with Origin in Game
  • Your graphics drivers are outdated
  • You have a dual graphics card system
  • Your card doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game

Solutions you can try

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 98 of 303 (137,765 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Hey there. First run a check to see if your laptop meets the minimum requirments (And I mean minimum). I had this problem when I first downloaded the game and after checking to see if I had the right things to run the game it said I did, the very minimum.

I was just about to ask for a refund and write a complaint when I tried this first - I made sure the game was up to date in patches. Go to Origin and on the downloaded game right-click on it and press "Check for update".

THEN after that is done right-click again on the sims 4 game in Origin and press "Repair Game".

My game started working after that (even after mutliple "Video card error - not compatible with the game, update driver" messages. The game runs really smooth and I have had no crashes or glitches Standard smile

Oh and also just to be safe I would run it in windows mode to start with. To do that just right-click again on the game in Origin, click on Game Properties and type in the box -w.

Hope this helps you out. It worked for me after hours of frustration and searching the net.

Good Luck!! x

Message 2 of 303 (189,770 Views)

★ Novice

can someone help ma too im having the same problem heres my dxdiag http://pastebin.com/UJ7kyUpd

Message 3 of 303 (189,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Kristin9898 wrote:
I purchased the premium version of the game, I had no issues with loading Sims 3, 2, or deluxe edition but suddenly my video card doesn't meet the minimum requirements? I'm not certain if I'm looking at the right thing, but it says my video card is Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, it's the original video card on my HP Pavillion, am I expected to purchase a new video card just to play the game? If this is the case I would like a refund which Walmart has already refused to do.

Unable to start:

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[oe61221:1df4e8dc:0000000]

The Intel 82945G is almost a decade old. In computer terms, your graphics chipset is ancient. I don't know what else is in that computer, but if the graphics chipset is any indication, I suspect upgrading your hardware won't cut it.

Walmart can't refund it because you used up the product code. That's what you paid for. Without it, the disc is useless. If you want a refund, check out the great game guarantee and see if you're elligible.

https://www.origin.com/great-game-guarantee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 303 (189,319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@OblivionLord123 

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Driver Date/Size: 12/19/2012

Update Catalyst Drivers

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

14.4 4/25/2014

Do you have two of those things in Crossfire?  If you continue to have the issue even on newest drivers, perhaps try disabling Crossfire from Catalyst.  Just to test.

------------

@kristin 

82945G = GMA 950

It isn't going to work like Fred said.  Even in 2005 when the GMA 950 was brand new... it was not a gaming machine, far from it.  I am sorry.

Message 5 of 303 (189,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happened to me too. But i bought a brand new laptop 3 months ago for gaming and my sims4 was running fine until this morning. -.- i just tried the repair game and still the same message pops up. WTF?

Message 6 of 303 (189,028 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@GNAHHHH wrote:

Happened to me too. But i bought a brand new laptop 3 months ago for gaming and my sims4 was running fine until this morning. -.- i just tried the repair game and still the same message pops up. WTF?

I'm having the same problem. The game was running just fine up until this evening.

I'm playing the game on an MSI GT70-2OD.

My dxdiag info is here: http://pastebin.com/aHxyhz01

Message 7 of 303 (189,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@cglynce wrote:

@GNAHHHH wrote:

I'm having the same problem. The game was running just fine up until this evening.

I'm playing the game on an MSI GT70-2OD.

My dxdiag info is here: http://pastebin.com/aHxyhz01

Reinstalled my video card drivers from Nvidia'a site, now the game's running. Standard smile

Message 8 of 303 (188,996 Views)

★★★ Newbie
But I have the Intel g31/g33 express family chip set.
Message 9 of 303 (188,842 Views)

★ Novice

I also just found out this problem. But before this, my laptop have issues with the new update of my Intel(R) HD Graphic Family bcs the brightness wont go up or down when i tried to adjust it. so i accidentally uninstall the latest update and reinstall the prev one which is the 10.18.10.3960 version  and my brightness works fine but my sims 4 wont load. However, i didnt do anything to my NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M so it still remains the same but i tried updating , it says its up to date which is the 9.18.13.2702 version . I tried to find update for Sims4 but there is no update. Please help me!Confusedmileysad: 

Message 10 of 303 (186,392 Views)