Re: The Sims 4 video card error

by JCStormy2

Original Post

★ Guide

Yes, took some time because that side of tech I couldn't wrap my head around quickly, but managed it and... same thing. Frown

Message 51 of 303 (2,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Which drive do you have the same installed on ? What about the user files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 303 (2,387 Views)

★ Guide

Everything's installed on D, (origin, games, etc).  Saves, et al, are on C.  

The odd thing is that it had been working perfectly from launch and all of this happened of a sudden, lately.

Message 53 of 303 (2,380 Views)

Hero

Your c drive is getting pretty full. Maybe try moving some stuff or put the doc folder on d.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 303 (2,371 Views)

★ Guide

Still no luck. I have no idea why just this one thing is giving so much trouble; so much so that even restores from months ago can't get it working, but everything else works better than fine.  I can't even get CC to work now but Skyrim or Dragon Age work perfectly... not even a stutter.

Thank you, all, for your help.

Message 55 of 303 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I need two things from you:

1. Could you upload (or pastebin) the content of your config.log file and send me the link
  2. Screenshot your error message, upload to image sharing site and post a link to it on here.

Maybe also try to revert to earlier drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 303 (2,358 Views)

★ Guide

My config.log, opened with notepad, is actually completely blank.  I've never looked in there before so I'm guessing that, itself, is off.  This, though, is the error I keep getting (if Flickr decides to work because Imagr won't):

https://flic.kr/p/qCBiLY

Message 57 of 303 (2,354 Views)

Hero

I'm guessing that the config.lpg being empty is your actual problem.

Do you still have the documents folder on your c drive or did you move it to d ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 303 (2,346 Views)

★ Guide

Still on C for the moment.  I have 20-odd game saves to migrate in order to do that, not all of them Origin/EA.  LOL Confusedmileylol:

Message 59 of 303 (2,339 Views)

Hero

Maybe if you just redirect the doc folder to d, you won't need to do much: http://www.techsupportalert.com/how_to_move_my_documents.htm

Not 100% sure though.

Do you still have the config.log before you created a new one ? If so, is that the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 303 (2,337 Views)