Re: The Sims 4 video card error

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

@MIRAMELIS wrote:

how many times exactly do you have to press at the end?

Sorry, I do not understand your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 303 (2,917 Views)

★ Guide

This has probably been asked more times than people have answers for, but I've read through and followed all the varying instructions and steps and still nothing.  It was working fine and, then, suddenly...  video card error.  I've updated my Nvida both through the automated system and manually, I've done multiple system restores from days, even months, ago and still nothing.

Here's my DxDiag, if the link works: http://pastebin.com/Tr7U764G

Hopefully this can get worked out before my pre-order comes thought, else it'll be useless.

Message 42 of 303 (2,863 Views)

Hero

You have a dual video card system (Intel Chip and Nvidia card). Make sure to run the game on the Nvidia card: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 303 (2,851 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, I'd had tried this, too, hoping that that had been the problem but it still gives me the error.  I even tried again upon reading with the same results.

Message 44 of 303 (2,846 Views)

Hero

Did you patch your game yesterday ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 303 (2,843 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, well, first thing this morning and still the error. Frown

Message 46 of 303 (2,842 Views)

Hero

Could you try moving your options.ini and your config.log (I think that's what it's called) files to the desktop (they are in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) and then start the game to have them recreated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 303 (2,838 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You may have to install the Clevo video drivers. Reference video drivers (updated video drivers from Nvidia) may not detect and/or operate laptop hardware properly. Nvidia uses Optimus software to switch the graphics. Optimus is usually installed as part of the device driver. You should be able to open the video control panel and set what applications (games) will switch the graphics chips. A lesser possibility may be the gaming video chip is damaged.

Message 48 of 303 (2,834 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

Could you try moving your options.ini and your config.log (I think that's what it's called) files to the desktop (they are in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\) and then start the game to have them recreated

Moving the files out didn't work, I'm afraid.  Even tried rebooting and trying again.  All of my other Origin games, and stand-alones, work fine; even Sim City is working beautifully.

Message 49 of 303 (2,827 Views)

Hero

Did you try  @roberta591 's suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 303 (2,823 Views)