Re: The Sims 4 video card error

by misssam89

Original Post

Hero

Your DxDiag does not show ANY information about your display card so I would run a hardware check and reinstall graphics drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 303 (3,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That didn't work at all.

Message 32 of 303 (3,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem with the video card.

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.

[oe61221:1df4e8dc:0000000]

Purchased game the day it came out.  It has been running fine until yesterday, 01/18/2015.  I updated the driver on my video card just before trying to play the game.  Rolled back the driver to the previous version and the game ran fine last night. 

Now today I am getting the error message again.  There is something wrong here and it's not my PC.

Message 33 of 303 (3,512 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Please either use pastebin.com and put the link here or use spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 303 (3,505 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hey been looking at posts on this forum for past two hours and I have been on Intel's website updating my drivers but nothing seems to work. I also have been on the AMD website and it says I do not meet system requirements at present but if i update my drivers I will have. I have done this so many times and nothing is helping.

Here is a link to my DXDiag https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcrlx0pvhi6jjeb/DxDiag.txt?dl=0 

Can you help ? 

Sam 

Message 35 of 303 (3,479 Views)

Hero

I don't see anything about a AMD card in your DxDiag. Are you sure you have one ? The Chip you have in there is not supported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 303 (3,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I've been messing around with this for the whole day, but nothing seems to help. I've updated EVERYTHING I could, but still, I get the same video card error.

So please, take a look at my dxdiag http://pastebin.com/5gATeszT

Maybe you'll see what could be wrong.

Thank you.

P.S My computer meets the minimal requirements (except for the processor - though it never was an obstacle to play games)

Message 37 of 303 (3,412 Views)

Hero

Are there no new drivers for your card ?

Also you're running a bit low on disc space.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 303 (3,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, I got the fix. It was UNEXPECTED. I uninstalled the latest drivers, and got the oldest ones. Sounds a bit crazy, but it worked just fine. The only problem is that some other applications are crashing now.

Anyways, thanks!

Message 39 of 303 (3,392 Views)

★ Novice

how many times exactly do you have to press at the end?

Message 40 of 303 (3,360 Views)