The Sims 4 unplayable after latest update

by nightyexe

Original Post

The Sims 4 unplayable after latest update

★★★ Novice

After i updated my game at October 11th i haven't been able to launch the sims. I get an error saying ''the sims 4 is already running''.

Now i've done everything: repairing in origin, removing mods, restarted pc, added exceptions to my antivirus, ran as administrator, factory reset the sims, deleted origin cache, and edited my registry.

I tried to contact EA support but they were not able to help either since they had no idea why i had this problem.

Is there anyone else who experienced this after the pre-snowy escape update? 

I have included my DxDiag for more details. 

Message 1 of 5 (330 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 unplayable after latest update

Hero
@nightyexe what antivirus software are you running ? Did you add it to scan exceptions or ransomware exception ?

Did you try a clean boot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I'm running Bitdefender, and i added it as a scan exception, maybe i can try to add it to more exceptions.

I actually don't know how to do a clean boot to be honest, so no i haven't tried that

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict tried clean boot and added origin and sims to all exceptions on my antivirus, it still doesn't work

Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

@nightyexe  Please disable Bitdefender entirely, just long enough to test.  It seems that some antivirus software now has other protections that can interfere even when you've set an exception for a particular program.

If that doesn't help, please clear Origin's cache again, then uninstall it "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Restart your computer before reinstalling Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)