by MissCSimming

Original Post

The Sims 4 rainbow glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Every time I click this item in buy mode (see picture); it seems to be the only one with this issue.
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion except IslandLiving and Eco Lifestyle; All game except Strangerville and Realm of Magic; All staff except Moschino Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? I see this particular item (a painting of the base game) in Buy mode with question mark and the rainbow background glitch
What do you expect to see? The painting with its colors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but before updating I removed them and I've also checked most of them, but the glitch is still there even when I completely remove the Mods folder and "localthumbcache.package"
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After this last update 
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the 4th June update I updated/took out all the mods I had.

Hi guys!
It's the first time that I write on this forum but I know that you have to check first if the problem has already occured to someone else. The thing is that I've already tried everything you've advised in the previous topics (like here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199) but I still have this issue, even in a new game, after repairing and all of that (of course without cc).
Can you help me,please? 

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 16 (2,582 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 rainbow glitch

★ Novice

Try checking the current forum on missing texture issues and how to solve them.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 16 (2,537 Views)

★ Apprentice
Spoiler
I have the same issue with the same picture. No MODS/CC in game. 
Message 3 of 16 (2,526 Views)

@MissCSimming and @Simmindipity  Please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 16 (2,508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried this solution but unfortunately the bug is still there.

Hopefully the EA team will fix this (and all the other bugs) with the next update.

Thanks anyway! :D

Message 5 of 16 (2,480 Views)

@MissCSimming  Please have a look at the painting in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Repair again.  Then launch the game, which will create a clean folder with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and place that one painting.  Let me know whether it works.

If it does, you can move your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one.  Saves are in the saves folder, saved households and builds are in Tray, screenshots are in Screenshots, etc.  Other than that, there's nothing worth saving unless you have mods.  For any of these, it's best to copy the contents of the old folder into the appropriate location, rather than moving the old folder itself.

If this doesn't work either, please let me know the name of the painting.  I don't know the Buy catalog well enough to recognize it on sight by its position or the small image.

Message 6 of 16 (2,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help!

I've tried but unfortunately the bug is still there and I saw online that is a common issue. The name of the painting is "Roman Temple Architectural Study".

Now I've detected another issue but with the gallery online: even with a new and clean save file (after repairing and without mods or cc), the first picture of sims uploaded on the gallery appears like you can see on the screenshots.

I don't know if it's a common issue but, as I said, even by repairing the game and starting a new one, the problem is still there.

Hope there's a solution

Message 7 of 16 (2,431 Views)

@MissCSimming  You're right about the picture; the bug report is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Roman-Temple-Architectural-Study-has-missing-texture/td-p...

Feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant.

For the Gallery, sims aren't supposed to look like that.  When you created a clean folder, did you change any of the in-game graphics options?  If you did, please delete options.ini to allow the game to create a new one, and don't change any settings until you've tested.  If that's not the issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 8 of 16 (2,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have it too but with lots of stuff. The game was completely unplayable. No mods in the game. Walls have also changed colors and wallpapers in the house that I built. 

Message 9 of 16 (2,396 Views)

@saramonster  Please download today's patch.  Then clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Let me know if you still have issues after this.

Message 10 of 16 (2,393 Views)