Re: The Sims 4 rainbow glitch

by MissCSimming

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Right before this new update, I found the guideline on clearing Origin's cache and it worked. Now I've updated the game with the Mods' folder empty and the gallery issue is again there. I've tried repairing, creating a new save file, clearing the cache without success. I don't know what to do anymore. Lately I've been spending more time trying to fix my game than actually playing Frown

Message 11 of 16 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Btw, these are the results of the DxDiag.
Hope you can help me Standard smile

Message 12 of 16 (446 Views)

@MissCSimming  Are you seeing any other anomalies in your game?  Your dxdiag lists crashes of Dell's Alienware Command Center as well as Nahimic, which is audio enhancement software.  But problems with those would more likely crash your game or cause lag or freezes, not an isolated graphics glitch with the Gallery.  And the dxdiag doesn't list when the crashes happened, so they might have nothing at all to do with Sims 4.

I asked around, and the two people who recognized the images you posted and weighed in said that this issue was usually solved with either a computer restart or by clearing the cache files in the Sims 4 user data folder.  There are a few different files and folders inside, not all of which have to do with the Gallery.  Here's a full list, along with explanations of what they're for:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Try deleting all the ones that are related to the Gallery or online connectivity, restart your computer, and have a look.  If the images are still glitchy, quit and restart without deleting the cache files, and see what happens.  (As in, give the game a couple of tries at rebuilding the data using the same cache files.)

If that doesn't help either, try clearing Origin's cache as well as your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, Origin does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 16 (421 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict After the latest updates, I've experienced a little bit of slowdowns when starting the game and sometimes some issues with the sound, that disapperead when turning off my bluetooth headphones. In general the performances are fine though (except those glitches).
I'll try what you've advised me to do and let you know. Thanks again :D

Do you think I have to do something about the Alienware and Nahimic crushes?
Message 14 of 16 (395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, also every time I launch Origin I have to do it twice cause at the first attempt it always shuts down autonomously

P.S. A guy on reddit told me he's experiencing the same galley issue on PS4 but I can't find anywhere some thread about this glitch, so don't know whether it's a common problem that can be fixed with another update and then EA stuff should be informed about this

Message 15 of 16 (378 Views)

@MissCSimming  Nahimic is audio software, so it could definitely account for the sound issues.  And software crashing in the background while you play could cause slowdowns too.  It's not necessarily the crashing itself but the resources taken by the software as it tries to fix the error and then crashes.

Since you already have the newest versions of both the Alienware Command Center and the Realtek sound driver, you could uninstall both, and reinstall if you wanted the functionalities provided.  The Alienware software isn't really necessary, although some people like it.  Here's how to uninstall it:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-comma...

You can download a new version from that page, or from the driver download page for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/g-series-15-5590-laptop/drivers

For Nahimic, try uninstalling the sound driver in Device Manager, then reinstalling the latest one (Realtek HD Audio Driver) from Dell.  It's best to download Dell's version, take your computer offline, uninstall the sound driver, restart, and install the new one from Dell, so Windows doesn't download a replacement for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 16 (353 Views)