The Sims 4 not launching after April patch

by _k_westy_2001_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 not launching after April patch

★★★ Newbie

Ever since installing the most recent patch update (from late April), I've been having issues opening my game. My screen will go black as if preparing the loading screen, and the main menu music begins playing, but the game itself doesn't load. Instead, my computer automatically closes out of the window. It still shows the Sims 4 as an icon on my task bar, which indicates that the game is still open, but whenever I click on it, I hear the music and see the black screen for a second before it closes out again. This happens when I launch my game through Origin and through my desktop shortcut. In the past, I've been able to get the game to launch by restarting my laptop and/or repairing the game in Origin, but today neither of those have worked. I do have some CC installed, and my laptop also has security software installed (Trend Micro Maximum Security), but neither of these have presented issues after past updates. I've tried scanning for updates for both my game and my laptop software since I encountered the issue, but it appears that everything is up-to-date. I'm definitely not a tech-savvy person, so I feel that I've reached the extent of troubleshooting I can complete on my own. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 not launching after April patch

@_k_westy_2001_  A number of antivirus programs have recently started flagging Sims 4 even when they didn't previously.  So please start by setting exceptions in Trend Micro for both TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe.  There may also be additional relevant settings, so please look around for anything you can (temporarily) disable.  I'd give more specific instructions, but I don't know how Trend Micro works.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

All Replies

@_k_westy_2001_  A number of antivirus programs have recently started flagging Sims 4 even when they didn't previously.  So please start by setting exceptions in Trend Micro for both TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe.  There may also be additional relevant settings, so please look around for anything you can (temporarily) disable.  I'd give more specific instructions, but I don't know how Trend Micro works.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your help! My game loaded without a hitch after making exceptions for everything I could find related to Origin/The Sims 4 on my computer. Fingers crossed this wasn't just a fluke. Thank you again!

Message 3 of 3 (221 Views)