Re: The Sims 4 menu bug

by 54120101

Original Post

The Sims 4 menu bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you click on the building where you can go to skill classes and go to the menu to choose a skill class, then I click on the skill class I want to go to and the menu options dissapear and the menu is just white. If I want to click the menu away it doesn't. So I can't save my game or get the menu to go away. The same thing happens when I go to the Tutor menu and want to click on a skill that I tutor in. The menu goes white and when I click on the X it stays. So I need to force close The Sims 4.
What happens when the bug occurs? The menu options disappear and the menu is completely white. I can't close the menu and have to force close The Sims 4 so I can't save my game or continue playing.
What do you expect to see? I want them to work again. I want to click on something and have the menu close automatically and let my Sim do what I clicked on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If you click on the building where you can go to skill classes and go to the menu to choose a skill class, then I click on the skill class I want to go to and the menu options dissapear and the menu is just white. If I want to click the menu away it doesn't. So I can't save my game or get the menu to go away.
The same thing happens when I go to the Tutor menu and want to click on a skill that I tutor in. The menu goes white and when I click on the X it stays. So I need to force close The Sims 4.

The menu options disappear and the menu is completely white. I can't close the menu and have to force close The Sims 4 so I can't save my game or continue playing.

Message 1 of 7 (2,508 Views)

Hero
@iTrillest_ Is this the only interaction you have blank interactions on ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,492 Views)

Hero
@iTrillest_ DId you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (2,430 Views)

Hero
@iTrillest_ Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I have the same problem wht should I do?

Edit: Did you fix it if yes can you please tell me how

(Merged post) - Atic 

Message 5 of 7 (2,189 Views)

Hero
@54120101 Have you tried repairing your game ? Is this the only thing that's blank ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,131 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello, i solved the problem, it was because of UI file.
Message 7 of 7 (2,103 Views)