Re: The Sims 4 legacy Edition stopped working

by Kayriari

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much for your help and your patience, here is the dxdiag .

I have also attached a screenshot of the TS4 LE folder just in case. Hope you can find something that can help me

Message 11 of 18 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kayriari  There is a much newer graphics driver available for your card; yours is from 2012.  So it may help to install it.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132844/en-us

However, since the standard version of Sims 4 is working and the LE is not, I'm not sure that would fix things.  I'd rather see info from the Reliability Monitor first.  After trying to launch the Legacy Edition again, hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

If you see an error from when you tried to open the LE, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a text document.  (Notepad is fine.)  You can just copy and paste the info into a post.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

When testing, please run both Origin and the game as an admin: right-click on the Origin shortcut and select "Run as administrator," and do the same for TS4.exe or its shortcut.  Make sure Origin is set to run the LE as well, since it will override the shortcut you use and open the version of Sims 4 saved in its settings instead.

The contents of your Legacy Edition user folder look normal.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 18 (573 Views)

★★★ Novice

the message I am getting is exactly the same, identical to the message attached in reply #3 @puzzlezaddict  

Message 13 of 18 (553 Views)

@Kayriari  I don't know of a fix for that error, at least not at the moment.  It's strange that it would affect the LE of Sims 4 but not the standard version though.  I've asked if other people have ideas, and if anyone comes up with a suggestion, I'll post back.  Sorry I don't have anything better to offer right now.

Message 14 of 18 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh no!! what terrible news I really want to cry now so many weeks have passed and I haven't been able to solve this problem and creating non-CC content is my hobby. Yesterday I updated the game and it still doesn't work I don't understand it 😭😭. sorry for this and thanks for trying to help me I really appreciate the effort @puzzlezaddict 

Message 15 of 18 (517 Views)

@Kayriari  Someone suggested that uninstalling and reinstalling Origin may help with this issue, although I haven't seen any confirmation that it does.  If you want to try, here's how to do a clean uninstall and reinstall:

• First, clear Origin's cache.
  • Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

Message 16 of 18 (511 Views)

My sims 4 game is stuck on a old version of the game.

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 game updates, but when i repair the game, the loading screen stays on "finalizig". There has been many updates that i dont have in my game, i cant center windows or doors, i dont have platforms, toddlers a very glitched, I dont have the gallery, and Its a big mess. My game is a preaty old version of the game, I thought it was normal, but i started to watch youtube simsers, and I am upset that I cant experience the full game.

Message 17 of 18 (359 Views)

Re: My sims 4 game is stuck on a old version of the game.

Champion (Retired)

@abigailnicola 

It sounds like you run the Legacy version of the game. That will be why you do not have Platforms or the Gallery plus other things. What is the game version listed on the main screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 18 (356 Views)