The Sims 4 keeps updating to The Sims 4 Legacy

by skittles972

Original Post

The Sims 4 keeps updating to The Sims 4 Legacy

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased The Sims 4 game on my windows 8 laptop. I was playing it for about a week before it decided to update itself and force me to download The Sims 4 Legacy. After downloading The Sims 4 Legacy, a message popped up on the start screen saying I had to change the bit from 34 tp 64. I looked up the bit I had and it showed 64bit. I uninstalled The Sims 4 Legacy and reinstalled it and it installed the original version I paid for. 

Everything was fine for another week or two, but then earlier tonight, it refused to load The Sims 4 game and ended up updating the game again to The Sims 4 Legacy. I read on a few posts that you can change the bit in the "game performance" menu in Origin. That option wouldn't appear for me and clicking "Repair" does nothing either.

I do not need The Sims 4 Legacy nor do I want The Sims 4 Legacy. My computer is already a 64bit and do not need to change it.

Anyone have this problem? Any solutions to keeping the original Sims 4 on my laptop?

Message 1 of 2 (293 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 keeps updating to The Sims 4 Legacy

Hero
@skittles972 recently there's been quite a few reports of the game trying to re-download legacy. If you have enough space on your computer and Origin shows it's launching 64 bit, I would just ignore it. It doesn't matter if you have it downloaded. As long as you set it to 64 bit in Origin, it loads 64 bit no matter if the Legacy is installed or not.

Do make sure to turn off automatic updates. That helps a bit.

You can verify if you indeed are running 64 bit in a few ways

1. Check your version number. If it contains 1020 (1220 for mac), you're running the standard version. If it's 1520 (or 1620 for mac), you're running legacy
2. Check the task manager. If you run 32 bit, it will say that Sims 4 is 32 bit
3. If you have newer packs (after ROM): If those show up fine, you're running standard.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)