Re: The Sims 4 items disappear in live mode

by pvpergh0st

Original Post

The Sims 4 items disappear in live mode

★★★★★ Novice

Hey hey,

Laundry not working, was for a little bit but can only put things in the dryer then set down. Also chairs, tables, benches while in Live mode keep disappearing (incl. birth certs in my 100 baby challenge home...sad). The items are not going into household inventory or any inventory.

Message 1 of 13 (10,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. Couch and accent table just disappeared in live game mode

Message 2 of 13 (10,906 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And it doesn't seem to be stopping, as i continued to play, more things from my lot kept disappearing. i stopped playing as i didnt want to spend simoleons (not cheating in 100 baby challenge) to keep replacing things.

Message 3 of 13 (10,887 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pvpergh0st and @mdtotexas82  Is it possible sims are stealing from your active lot?  The Sharing is Caring neighborhood action plan allows sims to take whatever they want.  Even if it's not active in your own sims' neighborhood, NPC sims can be pushed to steal if the action plan is active anywhere in the save.

@pvpergh0st  For the laundry, what world(s) are you playing in, and does it work in any other worlds?  There might be an issue with doing laundry now, but I haven't seen enough information to know for sure.  Any details you could add would be helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 13 (10,878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I am aware of that action plan but negative they aren't stealing, and if they were why would they take my birth certificates!!! XD

I'm playing in Newcrest when it happens, missing items and laundry... I discovered washing in the tub first then drying in machine works, its the washer attached to dryer not working as far as i've seen, altho haven't tested the separate item. Nor have I tried playing in other worlds. 

Message 5 of 13 (10,871 Views)

@pvpergh0st  It doesn't seem much weirder for a sim to steal a birth certificate than it does for one to walk off with a restaurant table.  But okay, if inactive sims aren't stealing, is it possible your own sims are stealing or recycling?  Apparently a sim with the recycle trait will do this excessively; there's a bug report about it too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Sim-swiping-own-household-objects-Recycle-Trait/td-p/...

It might help to sort of follow a sim or two around for a bit and see what they do.  You don't need to save your progress, just see if you can catch an item disappering.  Let me know if you notice anything suspicious.

Thanks for the info on laundry.  If there's a solid bug report on it, I'll link it here.

Message 6 of 13 (10,867 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict it is the same as that issue you linked but no noise or notification saying anything is swiped/ no klepto/ recycle trait. And this had never happened before the update so that is why i decided to post in here. I have followed the sims around and it isn't them stealing the objects. they just disappear. Also since friday i logged off and saved my game on this particular lot i was having issues with and now have lost my progress, maybe a bug? maybe its fixed now? haven't noticed anything missing since playing today yet but i'll keep an eye out!

Message 7 of 13 (10,825 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pvpergh0st  Do you use mods?  I guess it's possible that one of them is responsible.  How about the MoveObjects On cheat?  It would be strange for objects to disappear in live mode after being placed with MOO, but I suppose it's theoretically possible.

However, the fact that you lost a day of gameplay makes me wonder if there's something else going on.  When objects disappear, do several disappear at once, or only one?  Is there any pattern to which objects disappear, e.g. only certain types, or the ones you most recently added to the lot?  If you put the same object back in the same place, does it stay there going forward?

Message 8 of 13 (10,809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict hey hey, nope no mods or CC. Yes move objects is the only thing i use in this particular save game, maybe that has something to do with it? 

And I don't know how quick i was losing items but as i was playing id notice a sink, chair, bench top. Thought oh no what else could be missing and then realised random things like kids violin, dining table, birth certificates, speakers. I then replaced the items and a few of the ones i replaced disappeared again. i noticed the bench tops were the main ones i had to keep replacing ( about 4 or 5 times). I was streaming but silly me didn't save the stream otherwise id have some sort of evidence to show lol.

Message 9 of 13 (10,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

=O 

Well that makes alot of sense now. Guess there will be no more sharing or caring in my game. Repeal!

Message 10 of 13 (9,107 Views)