Re: The Sims 4 is not responding after the September update

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 is not responding after the September update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It used to work perfectly fine until I updated the game a few days ago. When I start the game, the moving sims 4 logo appears but it freezes and doesn't respond before seeing the spinning plumbob loading screen.

I tried the following methods to solve the problem but none of them worked. 

• Because I have a lot of CCs (more than 25GB), I didn't have enough space in my C drive so I moved my game and my mods to my external drive. 
  • I repaired the Sims 4 as an origin admin. 
  • I re-installed the game. 
  • I disabled Origin in game
  • I've updated the latest video card driver
  • I tested my CCs (transferred CCs to desktop, and placed them back to mods folder bit by bit) and it seemed like there were nothing wrong with the CCs. Additionally, all of my CCs were updated.

However, I noticed one strange thing when I was checking the CC files. When I have about 7GB of cc, the game would work fine but when I exceed that specific amount of CC, the game wouldn't start-up again. 

I really don't want to re-install all of my CCs because I used so much of it already Frown

Please help, I've uploaded the DxDiag so that it could help. Thank you in advance Standard smile  

Message 1 of 5 (658 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@anyp1116

Rename your game folder to the Sims4old, fix the game in Origin, and launch the game.
If it will work the new game folder will be created on D drive in the Documents and you will have two - one old, one new

Then delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Now try to launch the game and check if it will work with old saves and library.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Once you have found broken ones - after the update - and deleted them and checked that the game is working properly delete The Sims4old folder.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (467 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@anyp1116

Go to the Lenovo page and look for new drivers for your hardware including BIOS
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...
You can also look for graphics drivers for your Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 here. Your graphics card drivers are 2 years old
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

You have strange reports related to OneDrive. Have you ever received a message like this: "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now"?

Confirm that you on OneDrive keep the game installation folder only, and the current game folder is on your computer, on drive C in Documents.
Are you in a federated environment? Because if you are, it looks like your tenant admin has set some GB limits.

Message 2 of 5 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. 

The game is still not working Frown 

• I updated my drivers including BIOS and also the graphics drivers as you told me.
  • I did have an issue with OneDrive but I fixed it a few days ago (I logged on with a new password). I don't think I had that message saying "OneDrive can't add your folder right now".  My Onedrive doesn't sync anything related to Sims 4, that is the electronic arts folder, the game installation folder and etc. By the way, I don't have enough space on my C drive so I moved my game and the documents folder (for the mods) in my D drive. The Sims 4 didn't work even before moving the game into D drive.
  • I'm not in a federated environment, I didn't know that I have GB limits :\. That's strange because I'm using the internet with unlimited data. 

Additionally, the game didn't respond on the Sims 4 screen before, but now it doesn't respond on a white screen after the Sims 4 logo is shown. 

I'll attach the dxdiag again in case some information has changed (such as OneDrive).

Thank you again for your help!

Message 3 of 5 (523 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@anyp1116

Rename your game folder to the Sims4old, fix the game in Origin, and launch the game.
If it will work the new game folder will be created on D drive in the Documents and you will have two - one old, one new

Then delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Now try to launch the game and check if it will work with old saves and library.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Once you have found broken ones - after the update - and deleted them and checked that the game is working properly delete The Sims4old folder.

Message 4 of 5 (468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so so much!

After moving my saves, tray and mods folder to the new game folder, now everything works perfectly fine :D

I've been stressing out about this for days and I would not have been able to play Sims again if it wasn't your help haha

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)