The Sims 4 is glitching

by shahmela

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 is glitching

★ Apprentice

My Sims game is glitching where the starting screen and the home screen is glitched as well. I went to cas and you guessed it, it was glitching again. I checked going into a world and it was glitching but everything else was working fine. I wish I could take a screen shot to show where and how its glitching but every time I do it doesn't show up. So I am wondering if its something else that's causing it. I checked to see if it had anything to do with my cc and no, cc wasn't the problem. I took out the cc, it was just the glitching and I put the cc back in, it was just the glitching. Also, in the below picture you can see how the color and gender options have a gray squares covering it. How do I fix both problems?

Message 1 of 8 (11,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 is glitching

★ Apprentice

I went into the description of the video and found a pinned comment saying, "get into Game Options >> Click and Checked on Vertical Sync, Then Apply...

I fixed the problem Large smile

Thank you for all your helpEmbarrassed

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (11,016 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

skin tones.PNG

I am wondering if this has something to do with the mod, melanin pack 2. I checked and she did not update this pack, therefore something else may be causing the gray squares.

Genders.PNG

Just finding this out, the gender options are covered with the gray squares too.

Message 2 of 8 (11,100 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 8 (11,094 Views)

★ Apprentice

I moved the Mods folder to the desktop and deleted localthumbcache. I went into the game and the gray squares were gone. So that means that mods were causing the gray squares from appearing. Unfortunately, this did not solve my main problem. The screen was still glitching.

Message 4 of 8 (11,074 Views)

Champion (Retired)

What exactly do you mean by "The screen is glitching"?

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (11,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok...here it is

Message 6 of 8 (11,022 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just found a video on youtube on the same exact screen glitching that's happening to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5kUuyz52vk

Message 7 of 8 (11,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went into the description of the video and found a pinned comment saying, "get into Game Options >> Click and Checked on Vertical Sync, Then Apply...

I fixed the problem Large smile

Thank you for all your helpEmbarrassed

Message 8 of 8 (11,017 Views)