by Lekiscool

Original Post

The Sims 4 is broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims don't do anything, get stuck in a loop, and are constantly inspired by clean rooms.
What do you expect to see? Interactions, and task queue to work. Sims not being inspired or having any sort of stagnant emotion even after Grandma has died.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Links to the videos on my twitch channel, I queued it up to key bug times.

Sims 4 trait test life-stages clones (no mods)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/962391801?t=00h52m07s 

The Sims 4 is broken (no mods) Life-Stage clone play-through

> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/963535199 

The Sims 4 is broken (no mods) Life-Stage clone play-through

>https://www.twitch.tv/videos/963552403?t=00h18m32s 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 10 (709 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 is broken

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lekiscool Sounds like you're reporting multiple things here. The bug forum needs one thread per issue.

The bust the dust options not working has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Still-has-effects-even-after-I-turned-them-off/td-p/101258...
There's also a thread here for them to never stop vacuuming: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Wont-stop-Vacuuming/td-p/10125109

And a thread for the moodlet from BDK to overpower others: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Dust-Kit-is-preventing-sim-from-completing-Computer-Whiz/m-p/1...

I'm not sure about the others. Could you maybe elaborate some more ?

Your first video has the calendar video over everything and I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

The second links to a whole video which I unfortunately don't have time to watch. What time is the issue at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (606 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lekiscool 

You do not have enough room on you SSD for temporary files. Either get a bigger one or delete something unused. You should have at least 20GB free. The Inspired from Sparkling clean rooms works as intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 10 (600 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry I was trying to show the simulation lag and emotional tunning. I did line the second video up wrong but in that one the child sim ended up in a loop just twitching outside the house. In the other videos the entire time they were just inspired by clean rooms the entire time. Even when I turned off the pack. After the maid cleaned the house they were inspired again. Is there a better place to post videos for reference? Is there a thread for showing casual playthroughs and the glitches that happen? Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I've done beta testing for other games so I figured adding DxDaig would be helpful.

Message 4 of 10 (555 Views)

Hero
@Lekiscool It's fine to add videos it's just if it's 2 hours long with no indication where to look it makes it difficult.

I think the third issue is the two I linked above so just click me too there.

Is the stuck in a loop something you see constantly or was it just a one off ? You can just reset the Sim and it should go back to normal.

As for lags, there's millions of reasons for that and as jp says your drive has not much space left.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (495 Views)

★★★ Novice

The loop happens, a lot. I've noticed that the lag happens quite often with the toddler, so I think it has something to do with sims trying to do the same thing at the same time. I deleted all the files save in TS4 and two games I wasn't playing. (I'm waiting for a new SSD)  I repaired the game through Origin and started a new game. So far I haven't gotten the loop. I did have a random sim end up in my house holding a cooking book and was twitching in place. The toddler issue happened where several household members were trying to do the interaction and then they all just stood there. I've also noticed the repair person will come into the house and stand repairing a toilet for 10 minutes until I replace the toilet. I will include the updated DxDiag. Let me know if any other game files will helpful.

Message 6 of 10 (443 Views)

Hero
@Lekiscool Does it happen on that save only or also if you start a new one for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It happens consistently. I deleted saves etc, before repairing the game. Just to make sure nothing was interfering with how the game works. The current save I have has had the same problems.
Message 8 of 10 (435 Views)

Hero
@Lekiscool I'd say, lets wait until you get the second SSD. You do have more room now maybe it helps when you get that.

Maybe also other are seeing the twitching in their game and can chime in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for helping.
Message 10 of 10 (424 Views)