The Sims 4 has stopped working

by Elysiahh

Original Post

The Sims 4 has stopped working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Download went fine, hit play, screen goes black, then white, and the "The Sims 4 has stopped working" box pops up. Message details are:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    BEX
  Application Name:    TS4.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.625.10
  Application Timestamp:    53ed5fc4
  Fault Module Name:    TS4.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.625.10
  Fault Module Timestamp:    53ed5fc4
  Exception Offset:    03045a84
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Data:    00000008
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    4d1c
  Additional Information 2:    4d1c6062a03e88868c0a265ff073e717
  Additional Information 3:    9747
  Additional Information 4:    9747a342cd3e8768f16e30b65a8871fd

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Would add a DxDiag to the thread, but messages can't exceed 20k characters, so here's a pastebin of mine: http://pastebin.com/hbnyAukL

Edit: After installing all of the Windows updates I had pending and restarting my computer, it appears to be loading properly. Fingers crossed for no more issues, but as of now, this is resolved.

Message 1 of 5 (3,212 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 has stopped working

Community Manager

Thanks for the edit. If the issue occurs again, try turning off any unnecessary programs and check if it continues to manifest.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (3,141 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get this error non-stop.  I've shutdown every program I can think of.  It actually got a lot worse after they patched the baby problem.  Before I could go about two or 3 sims days before it would crash.  Now it crashes every couple of sim hours.  In other words, the game is now unplayable.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what triggers this error.  I've also tried deleting all of my chache files in the Sims4 folder, but that didn't help at all.

Message 3 of 5 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Novice

I should also add that I have tried to progressively lower the quality of the graphics.   This does not appear to be related to performance.

Message 4 of 5 (1,471 Views)

★ Novice

Yeahhhhh.... that doesn't work. I downloaded the cc cleaner that doesn't work either. Talked to the help team....long story short DOES NOT WORK.  What is EA/ the Sims team doing about this. I have been playing the Sims for YEARS. None of my running programs on any computer NEVER interfered with game play. Should I contact amazon and ask if I can return the game and guide book?

Message 5 of 5 (723 Views)