The Sims 4 gb issue

by soICYlucy

Original Post

The Sims 4 gb issue

★★ Novice

I have about 27gb in my laptop it’s a really low gb but the sims 4 requires at least 17gb available for download and i downloaded the sims 4 not the original game the other version that comes with the base game not sure about the name of it, but i download it and it takes all my gb and it tells me i’m running low on disk space and i go to check and i have 0 disk space left and the base game barely has download, and after i stop the downloading i still have 0 disk space left, even without the game. This is the first time it has happen ever since the recent update, my game was totally fine before this new game update. I hope someone can help me! 

Message 1 of 5 (567 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 gb issue

@soICYlucy  When installing, Origin often temporarily uses double the storage that the game itself needs: the files are downloaded and then installed before the download itself gets deleted.  So if you want to install the Sims 4 base game, you might need 34 GB free (plus a little extra for overhead) rather than 17 GB.

Try clearing Origin's cache, which will clear out the downloaded files:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know how much Sims 4 content is currently installed as well, as in, nothing, only the base game, or one or more packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (557 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict ok thank you, i will try this and get back to you if it works!
Message 3 of 5 (525 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict And also one more thing i have 30GB is that good enough to get the sims 4 etc??
Message 4 of 5 (484 Views)

@soICYlucy  I think you'll need more like 35 GB free if you're installing the base game.  And don't install any packs along with the base game; you can add them later, but just let Origin install one thing at a time.

If you're still low on space, you might be able to offload some data to an external drive or USB stick.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)