Re: The Sims 4 fails to launch at all

by KillaMeow

Original Post

The Sims 4 fails to launch at all

★ Apprentice

I have not been able to run this game at all since I bought it at Wal-Mart the Wednesday before last (Wednesday 3rd, September, 2014). When I click the orange play button, the mouse changes to a semi-hourglass, and the orange Play button turns grey for a moment, then returns to the default setting.

I have tried the following, taking advice from people in the forums:

1. Repairing the game via Origins

2. uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Visual C++ redistributables

3. Launching it from my 64-bit Windows 7

4. Updating the game (The update appears to have been successful so far, but no changes in the game's behavior)

5. Updating my graphics drivers (which were already updated when I bought the game)

6. Updating my Windows 7 (same as graphics and audio drivers)

7. Adding "-w" to the command line parameters

8. Turning off and on the Origin In-Game

9. Turning off and on the Origin Helper

10. Executing The Sims 4 shortcuts/TS4.exe/Origin shortcuts as Administrator (Though this doesn't really affect my machine as DEP and UAC are disabled)

11. Clicking the shortcut repeatedly

I've run out of options to try. As I have said before, I would love to be able to play this game moreso than return it, but $60 USD isn't exactly chump change. I will need to return it next thursday.

I will appreciate any help. 

DXDIAG here: DXDiag

MSInfo here: MSInfo

Message 1 of 30 (927 Views)

★ Apprentice

bump

Message 2 of 30 (862 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Have you tried running a clean boot? http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I've found that The Sims 4 (unfortunately) doesn't always play nice with anti-virus, either.

Message 3 of 30 (858 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have tried running a clean boot. It still behaves in the same way.

I don't have an antivirus for it to be retarded by.

Message 4 of 30 (854 Views)

★ Apprentice

burmp

Message 5 of 30 (821 Views)

Hero

No firewall either ?

And please don't bump all the time. One bump in 24 hours is ok.

We're all users here that do this in our spare time. If you want EA's help, you need to contact a game advisor through the Help Center.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (800 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry about the excessive bumping.

I do use Windows Firewall and Peerblock, but I've tried disabling both, with no effect.

Message 7 of 30 (790 Views)

Hero

Why do you have such a powerful graphics card + 8 GB or RAM and only a 32 bit operating system ?

I would try upgrading to a 64 bit one and see if it makes a difference. You definitly can't make use of the extras you have with a 32 bit OS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (761 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do have a 64-bit OS on my secondary drive. I stated that I tried to run it on my 64 bit OS already, but I guess I can try again.

Message 9 of 30 (747 Views)

Hero

Didn't see that sorry.

Not sure then. Probably same issue everyone else is having.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (743 Views)