The Sims 4 error

by MatyMatyti

Original Post

The Sims 4 error

★★★ Newbie

When I try starting the Sims 4 I get an error "Unable to start: Initalization error at start up. [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0].

I tried:

- reinstalling Origin

- removing the sims files

I can't uninstall the sims from the control panel/origin/apps and features. When I press uninstall nothing happens. When I removed the files manually and tried downloading the sims again they downloaded and I got the same error.

I am not sure what else I can try doing.

Message 1 of 4 (417 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 error

@MatyMatyti  Please try the other steps in this article:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

If those don't help, please let me know what antivirus you use, if any.  Please also let me know whether you use OneDrive, and if so, how full it is.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your response.

My antivirus is 360 Total Security. I added all the files from the article to the whitelist in the application settings but that didn't help.

I changed the User Access Control settings.

I tried before to repair the game through Origin, reinstalled Origin, changed the language of Origin so they match with the in-game language.

I tried to reinstall the game but the only thing I was able to do was to manually remove all the files because when I try to uninstall it through Origin/Control panel/Apps and features nothing happens.

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

@MatyMatyti  As a test, please create a new admin Windows account and try playing there.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into your existing Origin account and shouldn't need to redownload anything, but your user content (saves, etc.) won't be available.  That can be addressed later, if necessary; the point is to see whether the game starts at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)