Re: The Sims 4 demo crashes every time I try to run it

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 4 demo crashes every time I try to run it

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the Sims 4 Demo yesterday. However, whenever I click on it to run it, it loads for a second, and then crashes, and the only thing windows tells me is "A problem caused the Sims 4 Demo to stop working". There's no problem with installation, I've downloaded the Sims 3 and 3 other expansion packs beforehand, and there has never been any problem with it. My computer is 2 years old, so I considered the fact that maybe it's my computer that just can't handle it, but a big part of the Sims 4 campaign was that it was supposed to be easier to run on lower-end computers than the Sims 3, and it still runs the Sims 3 just fine. I've reinstalled it about 4 times now, and nothing's changed. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

Hero

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I follow your step this is the copy of the clipboard. Please help

Source
The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎26/‎08/‎2014 8:38

Status
Not reported

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\Bia Awaliyah\Downloads\GMT.KZ_The_Sims_4_Create_A_Sim_Demo\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Game\Bin\TS4CAS.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS4CAS.exe
Application Version: 1.0.233.190
Application Timestamp: 02003040
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001f9bb
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1057
Additional Information 1: abcc
Additional Information 2: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9
Additional Information 3: abcc
Additional Information 4: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9

Message 3 of 4 (359 Views)

Hero

Do you have a nvidia graphics card in your computer ? If so, try reinstalling the drivers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (348 Views)