The Sims 4 crushes every few minutes

by JessS4nchez

Original Post

The Sims 4 crushes every few minutes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello there. I got a big issue with the Sims 4 game. It used to work normally, until I installed new game pack - Get together. I got a lot pf game packs, and this is first one I have problem with. I just can't start the game - it is possible to play, but every like 2 minutes, game freezes, do not respond, and after few seconds works again. I tried to play in window, I tried to fix my settings, nothing works. My game worked on Ultra detail, now I cant play on high, or any lower. I tried to "repair" the game on origin, that didn't work as well. I tried to update my graphic card, it's all set. I spent a lot of money on this game, and until now, I had no single issue. It all started after installing Get together pack. I am not using any mods or something, everything I got for game is official and I bought it on Origin. Please, what should I do?

Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 crushes every few minutes

@JessS4nchez  When did you install Get Together: before or after you installed the update (patch 1.88) that was released on Tuesday?  I ask because there's a significant known issue with lag that showed up after that patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-Stop-and-go-Lags-freezes-since-Patch-1-88/td-...

There's actually an emergency patch available right now, so it's worth installing that before trying anything else.  I don't know whether it'll help with the above issue; I'm just saying it's possble.

If the patch doesn't help, please let me know when the lag started and whether you think you have the same issue as in the above thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)