The Sims 4 as well with other games not on Origin crashing computer

by willockevan

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 as well with other games not on Origin crashing computer

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@willockevan

Hi! Your PC does not have the latest version of windows, can you do an update of that and see if it works better?
Also it looks like you have not just crashes but BSOD a few times too, or had that happened other times...? (it says in your dxdiag)

If that happens again, could you take a photo or your screen or write down what is says? Standard smile

But as @Sashas0nic wrote you might also be able to get some great help from a computer forum, as we're only good at issues with the sims, and not computer tech experts Standard smile

Toms Hardware is a great forum, I usually check it out when people have a problem linked to their computer (or I google and it takes me there).

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-13.html - forum board for PC gaming

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31.html - forum board for systems

Choose any of them, or both, and click "Ask the community"
Enter as much information as possible.

Title: PC crashing & rebooting while playing some/all (depending on what it is) games.

Example text:

Spoiler

Hi! I have a home-built computer, here's my dxdiag (you can't attach files so put it in a pastebin or similar and copy the link)

Every time i start a game/it has been running for about 10 min/whatever happens for you. The game crashes and i have to restart the computer/it restarts by itself. Heat is fine, graphics are fine, I have no idea, please help me.
These are the games I have experiences this with: Game 1 game 2, some run trough origin other don't
Not happening for this game(?): game 3

Happening for other programs?
I have been to EA help forum and checked for the Sims 4 and their community said there's nothing visible wrong so it shouldn't be the games.

Etc etc anything you can give them gives a better chance of a good response, write it better than I did though Wink

You can also add tags, you should tag homebuilt, sims, crash, etc, add any games or such you can think of here too.

If you do several threads, make sure to check both and come back to them to report if it worked or not, there are like us, normal people just trying to help, so reporting back is helpful to the community and others with similar problems Standard smile

Message 11 of 15 (1,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I haven't had a BSOD forever, so they would be from other times. and that DxDiag was also from about a week ago, Everything should be up to date, I've tried multiple different FAQ sites, and everyone says the same thing or no one answers
Message 12 of 15 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @willockevan 

Apologies, but that should be telling you something then. Seriously, you should take it to a reputable Computer Technician before it gets any worse.. finding one that does not charge too much and will give you an approximate quote (and exact before beginning any drastic work) is your best option, and is what I would do. I realize you've built it yourself pretty much & that should help in your discussion with a Tech, but it needs more attention than what you will find in any forum at any rate.

Sasha

Message 13 of 15 (263 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, apparently it might be my PSU, rip $100
Message 14 of 15 (245 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@willockevan

At least you can replace it yourself, otherwise I guess you'd have to pay double Frown

Message 15 of 15 (227 Views)