The Sims 4 and Origin not opening

by cecexchan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 and Origin not opening

★ Novice

So I had some issue with Windows and had to reset my computer. Afterwards, I downloaded Origin, and The Sims 4 through Origin (which means Origin worked). But then after the download finished, Origin disappeared. I tried to open it again but nothing happened. The Sims 4 shortcut is on my desktop but it doesn't open either. I've restarted the computer but it's still the same. Both of them is allowed through my firewall. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and as I said it's newly installed. I've tried troubleshooting but it didn't work either. Help?

Message 1 of 4 (956 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 and Origin not opening

Hero (Retired)

@cecexchan When you fresh install an operating system such as Windows there are programs that are required by games and other programs that are not installed. Did you download the Origin client installer from EA and try to get Origin installed? Did you check Windows 7 control panel programs and features to see if Origin is in there to uninstall? Origin is a separate program and can be uninstalled and reinstalled. Did vc++ get installed? This is required by the game and not part of Windows 7 but is usually installed with the game. Are all your drivers up to date? Over the course of time there are programs that get installed and forgotten and when you reinstall the operating system these programs need to be reinstalled also. Is your Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit? BTW - Microsoft has halted main support for Windows 7 and Win 7 is now on extended support. TS4 will NOT work w/o Origin and vc++ runtime. You may need .net framework which is also not installed with a basic operating system install.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@cecexchan When you fresh install an operating system such as Windows there are programs that are required by games and other programs that are not installed. Did you download the Origin client installer from EA and try to get Origin installed? Did you check Windows 7 control panel programs and features to see if Origin is in there to uninstall? Origin is a separate program and can be uninstalled and reinstalled. Did vc++ get installed? This is required by the game and not part of Windows 7 but is usually installed with the game. Are all your drivers up to date? Over the course of time there are programs that get installed and forgotten and when you reinstall the operating system these programs need to be reinstalled also. Is your Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit? BTW - Microsoft has halted main support for Windows 7 and Win 7 is now on extended support. TS4 will NOT work w/o Origin and vc++ runtime. You may need .net framework which is also not installed with a basic operating system install.

Message 2 of 4 (1,119 Views)

★ Novice

Both Origin and TS4 are there in Control Panel to uninstall. My Windows is 64 bit. It's true I haven't install VC++ but now that I have, Orgin popped up ever so slightly and disappeared again. TS4 still refuse to work. .NET framework was already installed. And I don't know if all of my drivers are up to date but I know that when I repaired my laptop they had to find the drivers again. And it appears that Origin run in the background because when I shut my computer down, it said Origin is preventing it and I had to force it.

Message 3 of 4 (930 Views)

★ Novice

Nevermind I found Origin in the right corner under the screen and activated The Sims through Origin. It worked. I guess it took some time for VC++ to work. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (921 Views)