The Sims 4 and Intel HD 4000 graphics.

by raindrop199

Original Post

The Sims 4 and Intel HD 4000 graphics.

★★★ Novice

Will The Sims 4 work with Intel HD 4000 graphics? The system requirements say Intel GMA X4500 or better, but I have no idea which is better. 

Message 1 of 7 (14,059 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 and Intel HD 4000 graphics.

Hero

How much dedicated memory does it have ? Does it support pixel shader 3.0 ?

Just google your exact card to find out. There's usually also sites that compare chips towards each other so you can check if one is better than the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (13,950 Views)

★★★ Novice

According to a comparison website, it should be fine. There was something about shading on the Intel website, and there was a 5 in the shading column. I don't understand what it was, but I assume it's the thing you mentioned and that 5 is better than 3. Thanks.

Message 3 of 7 (13,946 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I also have Intel HD 4000, and unfortunately it looks like the dedicated RAM is only 64 mb. Is there anything I can do to increase that or to still be able to run the game? All of the other specs look fine, and it supports pixel shader 3.0. 

Message 4 of 7 (13,235 Views)

Hero

No, you can't increase it without getting a new graphics card (desktop computer) or a new computer (if you have a laptop, which you can't upgrade)

Did you try the demo ? Maybe it runs on low settings.anyways

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (13,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just curious if you have Sims 4 now working with the Intel HD4000 graphics card? I am thinking of buying a new computer with that care and would greatly appreciate your advice. I thought by now you may be able to tell me if you have the 2 working and if you are having any problems. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 7 (8,765 Views)

★ Guide

I used to play the sims 4 with that card, but it crashed a lot, so I don't recomment it. My laptop has two graphic cards, that one and NVIDA, and I highly recomment playing the sims, and all games, with NVIDIA, cause I don't have crashed at all anymore. (personal experience)

Message 7 of 7 (8,761 Views)