Re: The Sims 4 Won't Exit

by kylamatriano

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Hello @Citysim9997

Can you provide the information listed in this post?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 25 (2,156 Views)

★ Novice

it wont do that

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

What OS do you have? (Mac or Windows)

And do you 'save and quit' or first 'save' and then 'quit'?

Message 22 of 25 (1,885 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh, I may know what it is. Similar to an issue the Sims 3 had, actually almost identical.

Only twice this month, July 2019, has it happened. And only twice have I ever used the showhiddenobjects cheat plus the new showliveeditobjects cheat.

That cheat, showhiddenobjects, I believe it was called, did issues for Sims 3 as well when trying to close the game.

My game will save but won't close down. I gotta do Alt + Tab to close the window. I've Win10 as well and it was recently updated to help issues.

If I enter in the showhiddenobjects cheat again, will it turn it off? I also had moveobjects on but that never causes any issues when saving & closing the game.

I'll see if I can reproduce this if I am correct and I'll come back here to let you know.

Message 23 of 25 (1,804 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too. No mods. No CCs. 

I save, then exit game where I save again. 

I've done it this way for YEARS. 

It seems to be an issue only since Eco Lifestyle. 

Along with difficulty with my Sims' autonomy not working. Like, stopping to eat to exercise (push ups and stretches mostly) - regardless of whether I'm actually playing/voting with NAPs and such. 

I have tried repairing and updating. My game repairs and is automatically updated. 

I play on my PC (not a Mac)

Message 24 of 25 (1,270 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 25 of 25 (1,234 Views)