Re: The Sims 4 Won't Exit

by Citysim9997

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
That is something I hadn't considered. I'll give that a try the next time I play.

Thanks!
Message 11 of 25 (4,890 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, I am using Win 10.
Message 12 of 25 (4,887 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @BattleBorn065 @carrja0 @SifEge

If you're still seeing this issue, would you be willing to send these files/info:

• \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\lastException.txt or lastCrash.txt (if it exists)
  • Information on how long the game is running before before attempting to exit and seeing the issue.  Does it always occur (short play sessions or long play sessions), or does it only occur when the game is running for a certain period of time?
  • Information on what you are doing in the game before exiting and seeing the issue.

If you'd like to send files, instructions are here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 25 (4,801 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me of late too. My solution is to select the control, alt, del keys and then when the options come up I select "sign out." I, of course, sign back in as me and everything seems normal. The game is gone too. Exited, like I had intended. One thing I have noticed is that there is a NEW folder in the "saves" folder called "scratch" which was never there before. The content (389 files) contains lots of .sav and .thm files of various sizes, typically XXX KB's.

Message 14 of 25 (4,649 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@57goldtop

Please do not multi post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 25 (4,642 Views)

★★ Novice

If u have it on pc if u press control alt and delete at the same time it brings up options on your screen click on task manager then click on the app that is not working then less end task . This worked for me . You have probably already found out how because u posted this ages ago but if it happens again then just do this. Also after go on origin and repair the game .

Message 16 of 25 (4,212 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @BattleBorn065

When I use the sims I usually just press the windows button near the ALT button. Once you do that it should immediately take you out of the game.

Happy Simming, Emma

Message 17 of 25 (4,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem because I downloaded sims 4 cc collumns and now there is no asparations or clothes or anything just the sim it won’t let me quit. 

Im using Mac

Message 18 of 25 (4,090 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GirlGamer1211

Please post in the the sims mac forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 25 (4,087 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I have TS4 on multiple Machines, and on my lower end machines, a lot of time, TS4 just doesn't Exit

Message 20 of 25 (3,982 Views)