The Sims 4 Trial: Origin is currently not running error

by Helrunazz

Original Post

The Sims 4 Trial: Origin is currently not running error

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I downloaded and bought the Sims 4 off of Steam at first but then I kept on getting an error message saying it was missing a program and I later on found it was missing a MSVCP140.dll file and I looked it up and downloaded and I also installed the latest supported Visuals C++ downloads. So I hopped onto Origin and tried to first download the Sims 4 TRIAL, but then it launched but crashed saying that "Origin is currently not running, please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4 (d3382ced:984c6838:and a whole bunch of zeroes.) At this point I do not know what to do because if it does not want to work for the sims 4 trial then it would not work for the actual sims 4 game. Is there anything I can do to fix this??? PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 2 (376 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Trial: Origin is currently not running error

@Helrunazz  Try the steps listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/origin-not-running-d3382ced984c6a3800000000/

You'll need to use the .exe for the CAS demo, whatever that is; you should be able to find it within the demo's program files.  (It'll be an executable.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)