The Sims 4 PC won't load

by Arielle1084

Original Post

The Sims 4 PC won't load

★★★ Novice

When I click on the Sims 4 icon, my mouse does the loading icon and it attempts to load Origin but fails.  When I load Origin itself and click play the Sims 4, nothing happens, just a quick loading icon on my mouse.  I have tried everything including uninstalling both Origin and the Sims and reinstalling.  Same problem exists.  When I try and load it from my Nvidea GE force experience, it says I need a product code. Please help!  I spent too much on extra packs to be not able to play!

Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 PC won't load

@Arielle1084  The GeForce Experience issue is separate and can be ignored.  When testing from now on, please always launch Sims 4 from your Origin game library, not from GFE or from its shortcut.

Please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can play a new save for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If that doesn't help, please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 PC won't load

★★★ Novice

After probably close to 10 hours of trouble shooting, trying everything I possibly could, I decided to delete my backup saves, tray and mods folder.  Even though I told tech support several times the folder was on the desktop, nowhere near the reinstalled new Sims 4 folder.  They didn't ask me to delete it.  I put it on a USB drive and deleted it completely.  The game worked.  I popped my saves and tray folder back in and there was my saved game.  I slowly started adding back the mods and found out that one of them had caused this whole issue.  Even from the desktop folder. So it was the mods all along. 

Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)