The Sims 4: My house won't save properly

by CataComuninha

Original Post

The Sims 4: My house won't save properly

★ Novice

I built a huge mansion for my Sim to live in and saved it without sharing it in the library and closed the game. Upon my return, the lot was empty and the house wasn't in my gallery. I also saved some rooms and shared them in the gallery and they were there. I didn't use any custom content by the way. Quite frankly I am disappointed and frustrated that all my work which I had put hours into went to waste.

Message 1 of 3 (2,319 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: My house won't save properly

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CataComuninha

Have you checked, in your library the options "show modified objects? You do not need CC to get the blue key of CC. One photo or painting based on a photo that your sim made is enough and the house will be invisible if you didn't activate this option.
Did you save the option "Save as ... plus the number" and are you sure you returned to the right "save"?
Saving the game with the simple "Save and quit" can lead to mistakes because you can not check if the saving was made. After saving "Save as .. number 5" - for example, you can open the "save as" option - still in the game - and see, if this your save what you have just made is there.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (2,309 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: My house won't save properly

★ Novice

I did check the modified objects, nothing there still. I did save it as "Save as..." plus a number indeed, and I am sure it is the right save and I did "Save and quit" after I had saved.

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 3 (2,285 Views)