The Sims 4 Launcher continualy crashes

by torileemrox

Original Post

The Sims 4 Launcher continualy crashes

★★ Novice

I've recently updated The Sims 4 after purchasing the new outdoor expansion. Since I have done this the game will not launch. It played perfectly fine untl I updated the game. It opens as if it launches but then it just shuts down and the Sims icon remains in my task bar. I've tried researching the issue, unistalling/re-installing the game, unistalling/re-installing Origin and nothing is working.

I'm so disappointed that I've spent so much money on this game. I am contacting Origin directly about obtaining a refund of both games but if anyone else has any suggestions on how to run the game please let me know. I love The Sims 4 but seriously the updates have done nothing to assist my gameplay. Note to self turn off automatic updates in Origin!

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Launcher continualy crashes

Hero

So it basically minimizes to the task bar ?

That has usually one of two causes:

• The resolution of the game does not fit the one of your computer
  • There's a background program interfering.

To check if it's the first, open this file in a text editor: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\option.ini and find a line with resolution in it (unsure how it's called exactly atm). It has three numbers afterwards. The first two are the resolution, the third is the refresh rate.

Change the first to to match your computer screen resolution, then save the file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)