The Sims 4: Houses Have no option to buy furnished...

by Greytabby1962

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4: Houses Have no option to buy furnished...

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently received Sims 4 as a gift from my best friend... I created 3 Sims families and moved them into the Willow Creek world... Using the motherlode cheat I gave them money to buy a house which was furnished... Later I decided to delete and remake my 3 Sims families... So I did... I deleted the households and remade the characters... Moved them to Willow Creek and gave them each around 1,500,000 dollars using motherlode... Then moved them back into their respective houses... but there was no option to buy the houses furnished... They were all empty... I am not good at decorating and furnishing myself... Also this same problem happened to my best friend too with her game... I noticed it happened after we downloaded that new free world a few days ago if that means anything... Can anyone help? Thank you...

KAT

Message 1 of 7 (99,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4: Houses Have no option to buy furnished...

[ Edited ]
Hero

The problem is that if you move your sims WITH the furniture, it's literally removed from the house so that it's now unfurnished.

Best thing you can do is this

1. Start a new save game
  2. Save the house you want to the library
  3. Close game down
  4. Start game and start your old save game
  5. Bulldoze lot with the empty house
  6. Place house you have saved to the library

You could also just look around in the gallery for something you like and place that on your lot Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (111,220 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

By the way I have Windows 7

Message 2 of 7 (99,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The problem is that if you move your sims WITH the furniture, it's literally removed from the house so that it's now unfurnished.

Best thing you can do is this

1. Start a new save game
  2. Save the house you want to the library
  3. Close game down
  4. Start game and start your old save game
  5. Bulldoze lot with the empty house
  6. Place house you have saved to the library

You could also just look around in the gallery for something you like and place that on your lot Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (111,221 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I will try this... Thank you for your response...  Confusedmileyvery-happy:

KAT

Message 4 of 7 (99,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Heyyy I just discovered an easier way if you go to the lot you wanna move into an simply build on it add something new I added a microwave then save it and go back to your sim and try to move into that lot again it then says furnished :D
Message 5 of 7 (98,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@queenovsheba Thank you so much! That fixed my problem. It started today and I thought I had to redo everything but this saved it!

Message 6 of 7 (80,990 Views)

★★ Novice
@queenovsheba Beautiful, this worked nicely. Clearly this resets the state of the house as being "previously occupied" to "new build" just by adding an object after the household are gone. In my case my Sim who had no job (hence no unique career level objects there which could block the Furnished option) died after dropping a Murphy bed - something that happens way too often and so I wanted to move another Sim into the house but not want ton have to refurnish again. It's a very simple want - nothing crazy or illogical about it - I'm assuming it's a bug o f some kind.
Message 7 of 7 (46,719 Views)