Re: The Sims 4 Household Inventory BUG (Urgent) Save File Unplayable

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 4 Household Inventory BUG (Urgent) Save File Unplayable

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? *Without no order in specific* 1. Parenthood Game Pack 2. Seasons Expansion 3. Cats and Dogs Expansion 4. Outdoor Retreat Game Pack 5. Spa Day Game Pack 6. Get to Work Expansion Pack 7. Get Together Expansion Pack 8. City Living Expansion Pack 9. Dine Out Game Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have found out, a few hours ago, my game had a strange bug, where it says something about a problem with my household inventory. I delete it all my cc and put it back several times, thinking it was because of that, but no that was not the case. So I didn't give up and keep trying for a while until I realize, thanks to the Better Exceptions Mod by TwistedMexi (that made me the report of this issue) when I made sure I delete it all the objects my Sim family had in their household inventory. I exit the game and take all my custom content once again, to try a new vanilla save file and still without mods, the game just lasted a few seconds because the Last Exception report (the same one that had been showing up) after several times, about the household inventory problem still (without any custom content or mods) gave me the same problem. Making the save file unplayable, because of this, I can't keep playing because it always shows up the problem while I am in game and it is annoying. Please, I beg you, fix it as soon as possible.
What happens when the bug occurs? As I said above: This bug of the household inventory, when I clearly have anything inside of it, my save file with or without mods is still unplayable, just because of this, I can't keep playing because it always shows up the problem while I am in game and it is annoying, and if I go and try to save the game as usual ignoring the last exception report obviously the save file then it is going to be corrupted the next time I go in game if I save it, so I always have to force myself to exit the game without saving because of this, and it always shows up the problem after seconds of getting into the game and loading the family. Please, I beg you, fix it as soon as possible.
What do you expect to see? The report I am making it is because I took ALL my mods and custom content and the problem is still there, it is an annoying bug. So please, fix it, I miss my Sims. This is the first time I am reporting a bug here, but I do expect that the Last Exception file doesn't show up again saying the same problem with or without mods/cc at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Exception Summary (Thanks to Better Exeptions Mod by TwistedMexi) I got this full report. 

Exception Date: 2019-07-15 22:55:17

Game Version: 1.52.100.1020-1.200.000.397.Release

Category ID:household_inventory_management.py:91

Recommended Action

No mods are installed, so it is likely this is an official game bug.
Please refer to the AHQ Forums for further assistance. Include this report.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Possible Cause

household_inventory_management

Reason

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_sim')

MCCC Version

Not Installed.

Package Mod Count

Message 1 of 9 (2,296 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Simtasticgallery Hey, the Reason says 'is_sim' if you are doing rotational play, if a playable sim has a baby and there is no room for the bassinet it is temporarily placed in the family inventory with a yellow triangle over the lot if it happened when off lot this is most likely happens in apartment buildings. Look for a family with a live baby in the bassinet, place it on the lot error should be fixed.
Message 2 of 9 (2,254 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery Moving this to tech for troubleshooting

Are you saying you're getting the same issue if you start a new save or just that you get that on that one save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,238 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The issue was with my main save file, I do not have another one, I also made sure to delete the usual files before starting the game every time (While I was testing it) you know the cache files, the localthumb file etc. However, now that the update is here, I am going to try to play with that save file without cc (as it was mentioned before) I did last night, to see if the problem still persist or as a last option to delete the whole Sims 4 folder and generate a new one to see if the problem persist,

Thank you!
Message 4 of 9 (2,215 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Sid1701d9 Hey Sid! No I do not have a baby in that household, much less a bassinet, everything has always worked fine, until now. I even tried without custom content/mods, so it is likely to be a random bug in my game. Thanks for your reply though Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (2,212 Views)

Hero

If the issue persists,  would you be willing to share your save with me ? If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yeah for sure! Thanks Standard smile
Message 7 of 9 (2,196 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Here it is the save files just in case: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s6Czg2O9IAp4x1gq0lQqkMvSkchAds4W?usp=sharing

Originally had custom content/mods but I am trying to test without mods as well to see if the problem keeps persisting.
Message 8 of 9 (2,188 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery So I tested your save and I can see the exception when I start the game. I didn't have very long to test but it seems some kind of reset happens.

Do you have issues in other households or just this one ? Do you see symptoms or just the LE being generated ? Did you pay attention on what interactions it's generated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,165 Views)