by sevillaab

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 - Glitchy Travel and UI after 2020 patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? It's up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None of the recent ones
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel, etc
What happens when the bug occurs? Glitchy
What do you expect to see? Fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. sept patch

Hello, I'm having trouble travelling with a Sim. It glitches out no matter how large/small the UI is displayed. I've repaired the game many times and I am certain it's because of the recent patch because all of my mods are up to date. Please help, the game is unplayable. Even clicking the travel hotkey (M) it still bugs out and I can't travel. There was an additional bug in the career menu, but it's not as severe as the travelling issue. Additionally the celebrity/character values menu is all buggy too. I hope this gets resolved, until then I can't play this game.

Message 1 of 11 (5,172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 - Glitchy Travel and UI after 2020 patch

★★ Expert
@sevillaab--this is mod-related. UI Cheats Extension needs to be updated. also try deleting localthumbcache.package after checking you have the latest version.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (5,152 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here are more pictures of the glitches

Message 2 of 11 (5,170 Views)

★★ Expert
@sevillaab--this is mod-related. UI Cheats Extension needs to be updated. also try deleting localthumbcache.package after checking you have the latest version.
Message 3 of 11 (5,153 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11 (5,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@unseenlarks--Not sure I'm using the right user, but for those that don't know, how do we update the UI Cheats Extension and to know we're using the latest version?

Message 5 of 11 (4,275 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran Go to the site where you first downloaded it and get the updated version (I do think it was updated for the patch).

If you don't remember where that was, use google to find it.

Then just put the new version in, overwriting the old. If it doesn't overwrite the old (I do think it should have the same name but make sure it does), delete the old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (4,256 Views)

★★ Expert
@KingRayVeteran--follow Crin's advice. you can't go wrong as the Patreon page will state the mod's current version, *and* the game patch it's updated for.

(thank you for replying earlier @crinrict. this is when different timezones come in handy. :P)
Message 7 of 11 (4,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict--I'm not sure if that would be wise, as I don't download things in a haphazard manner.  It came from Origin, where all the others come from.  I'm not sure I can run it again; once applied.  Will check, but with it being Origin, I might not find another.

I did accidentally exit my travel by accepting an invitation to someone's property.  Thought I would go back to Batuu except I didn't.  I'll try to see if ending the game and reentering Batuu results in what I saw before; a chopped up lower tab where I couldn't see anything down there.

Message 8 of 11 (4,185 Views)

Hero
@KingRayVeteran The UI Cheat extension is a mod. If you downloaded it before, it's a matter of updating it, if you didn't, then you don't need it.

If you have a different issue then OP, please make your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (4,175 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict-- The OP of this thread said nothing about a UI Cheat extension, you did.  They said their UI was messed-up, and that's how I read this problem.  No, I don't have a mod for the UI; just a messed up travel UI.  But, no problem; I still said 'Me Too' correctly.

Message 10 of 11 (4,164 Views)