Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work: The Lots keep disappearing

by tigerb27

Original Post

★ Novice

yeah i did this & followed all the instructions and my current save game is gone. i'd been working really hard on the family i was playing and i've lost everything so i'm really disappointed. it got my lots back so it works but it did remove everything Frown please follow these instructions with caution!! 

Message 31 of 42 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I did what you had said to fix the problem. Not only did I not get my lots back.....it completely deleted my entire Sims game. There is no game to load. It completely erased everything. No when I load the Sims 4 it "welcomes" me and asks if I want a tutorial to BEGIN my game. I lost everything. So anyone reading this DO NOT DO THIS. Thanks for making a bigger issue than before.

Message 32 of 42 (1,041 Views)

@lxxsmith  If you move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, you're moving your saves away from the location where the game looks for them.  If you put the saves back in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, the game should read them again.

If you're saying the save files themselves aren't there, check OneDrive for any Sims 4-related content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 42 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i’ve lost everything i’ve made? idk how to get it back? it deleted w all of * too?? did you fix it??? 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 34 of 42 (958 Views)

@bibiborja13  When you moved the Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts, you ensured that the game couldn't read your user content, e.g. saves, saved builds, etc.  The data isn't gone, it's still intact within its old subfolders, and you can move the relevant files to the new Sims 4 folder when you're ready.

First though, is your original issue fixed?  If not, please describe the problem you're having; please test in a new save without adding any of your old data back.

Message 35 of 42 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can someone tell me EXACTLY, step by step how to get this stupid game to actually save my houses when I build them? Or is there a patch coming for this or what? I will delete the game if I can never save my house unless I don't use ANY custom content. Frown

Message 36 of 42 (765 Views)

@Rin_Bexa  Using custom content doesn't typically mean you can't save your house.  Instead, the lot may be hidden by default.  Please make sure to check the box to view items with custom content.

Message 37 of 42 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

what box to view custom content where?

Message 38 of 42 (757 Views)

★★★ Novice

none of these fast one line answers help me.. I need a step by step guide that shows what to do, how to check if the issue is fixed, and then how to get all my stuff back after.

Message 39 of 42 (741 Views)

@Rin_Bexa  Open the Gallery, click My Library, and look at the options along the left side.  One of them says "Include Custom Content."  Check the box next to it.

Message 40 of 42 (736 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help