Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work: The Lots keep disappearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Get to Work: The Lots keep disappearing

★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims 4 Get to Work for about four days now and the lots in my town keep disappearing and I don't know why. This only seems to happen when I play the detective career. The first time it happened the police station and my sims' house disappeared.  I started a new game file and the same thing happened, so I replaced the police station and rebuilt my house and it works fine as of now; however, now every lot my detective sim goes to when he's on duty  the lot isn't there so I can't find clues or anything. How can I fix this so I don't have to keep replacing buildings? 

Message 1 of 42 (23,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey guys! So I've figured out the problem!

This worked for me so I hope it does for you too.

You need to go into Documents > Electronic Arts and then drag The Sims 4 Folder to your desktop.

Then, play your game and try it out to see if the problem's fixed (Note: Your saved games and all settings will have gone at this point, but don't worry you'll get it back in a second!!!) 

So if it's working now, open the folder you dragged to the desktop and the NEW The Sims 4 Folder that will be in the EA Folder. 

Then, drag Custom Music, Saves, Screenshots, Tray and Mods (if they aren't outdated as it will just mess up the game!) And everything should work!

Lemme know if this works for you all!

View in thread

Message 21 of 42 (22,812 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I've been having this same problem since yesterday. It's so annoying. I finally got my sims house to not disappear after loading up an old save file but when my sim went to her job as a doctor, the hospital was gone. I've contacted online support, but there's nothing they can do since its a problem for the developers.
Message 2 of 42 (23,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, except I haven't bought Get to Work! Everytime I travel to a lot - the lot just isn't there. Does anyone know how to help?!

Message 3 of 42 (23,602 Views)

Hero

Hi guys,

Seems quite a few users have this issue.

1. Did you build those houses yourself, download or premade ?
  2. Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (23,592 Views)

★ Novice

it happens with ones I've created, taken from the gallery, and ones that are premade

Message 5 of 42 (23,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for replying! I did build the house myself, but lots such as the museum or the bar are invisible too>

Message 6 of 42 (23,586 Views)

Hero

Is it just happening in a particular save game or also if you start a new game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 42 (23,569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll check with another family and let you know Standard smile 

Message 8 of 42 (23,566 Views)

★★ Novice
It does it for all households that I play
Message 9 of 42 (23,551 Views)

Hero

Did you exit the game completely before trying another save game or load a new one from the main menu ? It seems, some bugs are contagious to other save games if you don't restart the game.

Sometimes you even need to remove the autosave (save00000001.save)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 42 (23,548 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help