The Sims 4 Gallery Not Working After Recent Patch

by Bigz_Dashie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 Gallery Not Working After Recent Patch

★★★ Newbie

I was playing the game and tried to purchase a house from the community gallery. I had found a house that caught my attention, but I was not able to buy it because the lot was set to 999x999 and the price was $999,999,999. I shrugged it off and tried to find other houses, but it seems that ALL of the houses are like that. I have no clue whether if it is from my custom content or just a base game glitch. It could be the custom content. I would say that 85% of my mods are in good condition, and I disabled the ones that said "Has conflicts" but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. I would really like someone to get back to me, so I can finally have FUN playing Sims 4 again.

- Dash

Message 1 of 12 (17,640 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Gallery Not Working After Recent Patch

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Bigz_Dashie

After the last patch, half of scripts mods and part of CC are broken. You probably have outdated UIC mod. There is a new version - made yesterday.
For now, move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

[If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.]

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

If it does not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (17,601 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Bigz_Dashie

After the last patch, half of scripts mods and part of CC are broken. You probably have outdated UIC mod. There is a new version - made yesterday.
For now, move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

[If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.]

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

If it does not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 12 (17,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Looks like the issue was being caused for me specifically by weerbesu's UI Cheats Expansion Mod from MTS. He released an update on the 22nd mentioning a gallery glitch. I've just replaced it with the updated version (1.12) and my game is back to normal. Hope this helps in narrowing down which UI mod causes your game glitch!

Message 3 of 12 (17,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks!
Message 4 of 12 (17,374 Views)

Gallery Bud/Glitch Patch date FEBRUARY 21ST, 2019

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for one (My First Pet Stuff Pack).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go into the gallery and click on a build that you want to place or upload it doesn't let you no matter what. And if you want to upload a build that you made form build mode you can not because of the glitch.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't upload or place builds
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to place builds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. yes, I took out all my mods and opened the game the problem was still there. I even tried repairing the game from origin and that still didn't work.Patch date is---> FEBRUARY 21ST, 2019

Please help me because the game is no fun without the gallery and I would really like to upload my builds that I have made to the gallery. Thank you to anyone who helps me and I would appreciate it so much please help me.

Message 5 of 12 (17,375 Views)

Re: Gallery Bud/Glitch Patch date FEBRUARY 21ST, 2019

Hero

Hi @xXGeekySimsXx 

this issue is caused by an outdated version of the UI Extension Mod.

I merged your post with exiting thread on the issue.

Please download the newest version of the mod with the creator. This should fix the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (17,363 Views)

★★ Novice
I did everything you told me to do and I even did what the other people said to do and it still doesn't work for me. I'm so sad it's still not working. Frown
Message 7 of 12 (17,346 Views)

Hero

Hi @xXGeekySimsXx 

That is odd. Did you replace it with the new version or remove the mod ? 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (17,314 Views)

★ Novice

It worked, thanks!

Message 9 of 12 (17,148 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

DI have gobs of mods, but I systematically removed the mod folder and copied the mods back into it. Don't know if y'all have  been using the UI_Cheats extentions, but once I removed the package and script the issue went away. There is a new version that has taken care of this issue on ModTheSims. Search for UI_Cheats. Latest version posted 02/22/2019. . -B

Message 10 of 12 (16,789 Views)