Re: The Sims 4: Employees Not Showing Up For Work

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4: Employees Not Showing Up For Work

★★★ Novice

HI!

I'm having issues with employees not showing up for work in The Sims 4 retail and restaurants since the latest patch. All but one employee for retail and one employee in the restaurant appear. I am unable to run the restaurant without the hostess. I have verified the game files twice and have fired/hired replacements to no avail. What should I do? I currently have all of the latest expansions and game packs (except Seasons).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 22 (68,054 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@WaterCoffeeWine Found some unexpected time :D

Move the podium a bit. The host is stuck outside and for some reason can't get to it. If you move it, she will go there.

As for your retail, the store currently doesn't seem to have any employees. Did you fire them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 22 (68,569 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @WaterCoffeeWine

are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (68,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply, @crinrict!

I do not use any mods and try to avoid CC. The retail store is one pre-made in the game (The Roadstead in Magnolia Promenade). The resturaunt is Coffee Shop&Fancy Grill <3 by AsGoodAsItGets01 (curated by Maxis). It does not appear to have any CC. Where do I go from here?

Message 3 of 22 (68,019 Views)

Hero
Could you start a fresh save for testing purposes to see if it's save game related or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (68,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I do that without deleting everything?

Message 5 of 22 (68,010 Views)

Hero

Just click on new on the main menu instead of the big play button

You can also backup everything beforehand to be on the safe side: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (68,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, I clicked new instead of the big play button. I created a single sim, purchased an apartment, and used the money cheat (the cheats had stopped working with the latest patch). All employees showed up at the new resturaunt! Will I still be able to access my previous sim families? Or do you recommend just starting over?

Edit: How do I fix the game save issue?

Message 7 of 22 (67,994 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (67,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

PM sent!

Message 9 of 22 (67,984 Views)

Hero
@WaterCoffeeWine Found some unexpected time :D

Move the podium a bit. The host is stuck outside and for some reason can't get to it. If you move it, she will go there.

As for your retail, the store currently doesn't seem to have any employees. Did you fire them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (68,570 Views)